Jambands.ca

Official Bluesfest 2011 Lineup

Freeker

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Kozelek is one of my all time favorite musicians and when he played Blluesfest before he played an acoustic set and was getting drowned out by Big Jeezus Truck playing on another stage. Hopefully this time it will be in a bit more sympathetic setting, especially now that I am more familiar with his Sun Kil Moon material. Am I the only one getting asked for a password on the Bluesfest website?

That grid would be a hell of a lot of work to have done on the fly for our enjoyment.

I think what we have is likely, but there are obvious holes and some days that are empty so lots more is going to be announced officially.

Lynn Saxberg tweeted that there was no more funding for Bluesfest in The Byward. Not sure if that means its off, but it can't be good.

don't know what you mean about the grid - guy obviously took it from the bluesfest website during a time when it was up. it wasn't supposed to be live and fully functional until the official announcement (tuesday) which is why it's not working for people tonight. i'm sure there will be many many many more spots filled tomorrow, along with a functional website.

guy obviously took it from the bluesfest website during a time when it was up

Its still updating, so maybe he is catching all of the changes. The formatting is getting better and many more slots have been filled in:

Bootsy Collins

M Ward

Spam Allstars

Leon Russell

Josh Ritter

Cuff the Duke

Blue Rodeo

Braids

Gomez

Mother Mother

Ra Ra Riot

Braids and M. Ward are the two I am most excited for.

Others are Black Keys and DFA>

Will check out of curiosity:

Ed Sharpe

My Morning Jacket

Erykah (get her with The Roots and that would be primo!)

Initial lineup is weak compared to previous years. (I should make it clear that I'm okay with the love being spread around Jazz and Folk fests too though).

Edited by Guest