Jambands.ca

Official Bluesfest 2011 Lineup

Freeker

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I just wish they would announce the rest of the lineup. sheesh.

Woods with support from Kurt Vile just announced MTL and TOR shows during bluesfest but of course no bluesfest dates listed or announced. those would have been sweet additions. do they already know who is playing the empty slots? Are they asleep? what is the deal?

I hate how bluesfest communicates their lineup... or doesn't communicate it, as is the case.

I think it could be due to several factors:

1) Other artists that have yet to be announced could have clauses in contracts with other venues where their festival show cannot be announced until the show in question sells a certain % of tickets (this happens both ways- depending on the clout and perserverance of the promoter or talent buyer). I think this may be the case with Buffett as his show in Toronto displays at least 1400 remaining seats- NOT counting the lawn.

2) Bluesfest may be gauging ticket sale #'s before further investing in the event. It makes perfect business sense to not add anything else if ticket sales are strong well in advance. By that same token they can use the lure of additional acts to prompt others to buy in early; and can use an announcement of additional acts to fuel purchases. It would not even surprise me to learn that they are studying the demos of the ticket buyers, and add additional acts based on the low or high frequency buyers (this is a stretch I know). I have heard that Bluesfest maintains an awesome database of demographic profiles of its past customers (see: Cisco Systems).

3) Some talent/ management agencies are just slow and might not be done with their bookings for the summer yet. Once the first wave of bookings happens, those acts that get left out/ still have dates to fill- go for another round with the promoters.

4) Maybe they're busy planning a major festival. Geez.

* With notes from the Random Guess file.

Does anybody have day tickets to sell yet? I know that poeple used the Tickets Trading Post forum that was set up last year, but haven't seen any posts there selling day tickets yet. I have made a post there looking for specific days.

Last summer was suprizingly easy to find day tix within days of shows I was interested in. This years line up is pretty 'meh', so I'm guessing it will be even easier to land day tixs. Just might be a bit early yet. Kijiji might be a good place to look?

..oops..I forgot the positive police were watching over this thread and I said 'meh!'..;)..

Edited by Guest

Does anybody have day tickets to sell yet? I know that poeple used the Tickets Trading Post forum that was set up last year, but haven't seen any posts there selling day tickets yet. I have made a post there looking for specific days.

What are you looking tickets for? I didn't know Buddy Wasisname and the Other Fellers were playing...

The capital region’s musical talent will be well-represented at Bluesfest 2011.

Bands from the 613 area code performing include Amos The Transparent, Ashley Newall, The Ben Cooper Band, Down in Ashes, The Jesse Greene Band, Trevor Alguire, Loudlove, Maria Hawkins, Ornaments, Paramedics, The Murder Plans, Arms of a Girl, Glen Nuotio, Jack Pelletier & the Battle of Ontario, Withering Pines, Brock Zeeman, Brothers Chaffey, Doll, Elage Mbaye, Giant Hand, Jill Zmud, John Creeden, Kalle Mattson, Laurent Bourque, Lindsay Ferguson, The Powergoats, Mumbo Jumbo Voodoo Combo, Orienteers, Prescott, Ras Lee, Silvercreek, Slyde, Three Times Lucky, Ty Hall, Tyler Kealy, Ukrainia, Watters Brothers, and The Yohawks.

More local and international acts are slated to be announced within the next few weeks.

“We’ve always been proud to highlight the variety of talent that Ottawa has to offer,†says Ottawa Bluesfest executive director Mark Monahan. “In 2011, we’ll not only showcase the many styles of music available in Ottawa, we’ll also enhance our line-up by doing so.â€

Visit ottawabluesfest.ca for more as the lineup expands.

The capital region’s musical talent will be well-represented at Bluesfest 2011.

Bands from the 613 area code performing include Amos The Transparent, Ashley Newall, The Ben Cooper Band, Down in Ashes, The Jesse Greene Band, Trevor Alguire, Loudlove, Maria Hawkins, Ornaments, Paramedics, The Murder Plans, Arms of a Girl, Glen Nuotio, Jack Pelletier & the Battle of Ontario, Withering Pines, Brock Zeeman, Brothers Chaffey, Doll, Elage Mbaye, Giant Hand, Jill Zmud, John Creeden, Kalle Mattson, Laurent Bourque, Lindsay Ferguson, The Powergoats, Mumbo Jumbo Voodoo Combo, Orienteers, Prescott, Ras Lee, Silvercreek, Slyde, Three Times Lucky, Ty Hall, Tyler Kealy, Ukrainia, Watters Brothers, and The Yohawks.

More local and international acts are slated to be announced within the next few weeks.

“We’ve always been proud to highlight the variety of talent that Ottawa has to offer,†says Ottawa Bluesfest executive director Mark Monahan. “In 2011, we’ll not only showcase the many styles of music available in Ottawa, we’ll also enhance our line-up by doing so.â€

Visit ottawabluesfest.ca for more as the lineup expands.

nero!

• 2 weeks later...

Having finally put together my own personal (tentative) schedule, it's actually a lot more crammed than I thought it would be. Since there are not as many big ticket shows of interest to me this year, I am purposely doing a lot more checking out of unfamiliar acts that look interesting and it is keeping me pretty busy.

Anybody look at the site map? I am really concerned about sound bleed on the Subway stage.

Come on Jimmy Buffett.

I will be amazed and crestfallen if he's not added to the lineup.

i would be shocked too. i heard he is hitting bluesfest forsure. by the looks of the schedule and the toronto show, monahan has no one for saturday. but that is the night buffet is in toronto, friday is blue rodeo and sunday is death cab for cutie. so unless they do a drastic stage change or move the toronto show it does not look promising

by the looks of the schedule and the toronto show, monahan has no one for saturday. but that is the night buffet is in toronto, friday is blue rodeo and sunday is death cab for cutie. so unless they do a drastic stage change or move the toronto show it does not look promising

Though Jimmy Buffett prefers to only play Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, he does make some exceptions.

And the Claridge Stage has nothing booked on the Friday before Blue Rodeo. That's the only place he could go I think.