Jambands.ca

Mill St Brew Pub coming to Ottawa?

Northern Wish

Forgive me if I am light on details here but I saw a notice this morning in the Citizen that The Mill Tavern (to be known as Mill St Brew Pub) has put in an application for a liquor license at 555 Wellington St.

That is the confusing part. That address is the middle of the 'intersection' of Scott, Bronson and Wellington Sts.

I wonder if they are building something, taking something over, or if the address is just a misprint.

This certainly sounds like a place some of you folks would enjoy:

http://www.millstreetbrewpub.ca/

slides_steak.jpg

slides_ribs.jpg

titlebar.jpg

That would be good! I've heard this rumour before but now it sounds like it's more than a rumour.

There will a good number of pubs near me now...pub crawl!!

Whispers is the closest pub for me, but now there's Corner Bar and Grill, and there will be Clocktower and Churchill's opening up and now possibly Mill Street Brew Pub. Hooray! Although that's not in my neighbourhood. Will be great for Bluesfest patrons!

The Mill Street Pub in Toronto has good location going for it and of course great beer, but it's overpriced (e.g., you'll be able to find cheaper Tankhouse in other pubs of a similar atmosphere and standard) and the food is heavy average. The service is spotty too, especially lately. My wife and a number of friends used to work there but all moved on because the owners were assholes. Also, I said it before but as an unspoken management policy, bartenders pour "priest-collar" draught, meaning two fingers of head no matter if you order a real pint or a half. However, I know the owners have to pay huge bucks per month for the lease, so the overpricing makes some sense and the place caters to mostly tourists.

Edited by Guest

One thing that is cool about Mill Street Pub is that it has its own beer store/swag shop located at the main entrance. You can buy most of their brands there by the bottle or in 6 & 12 packs. They also sell pretty nice looking shirts, glasses, mugs, hats etc...

One thing that is cool about Mill Street Pub is that it has its own beer store/swag shop located at the main entrance. You can buy most of their brands there by the bottle or in 6 & 12 packs. They also sell pretty nice looking shirts, glasses, mugs, hats etc...

You can also buy growlers on Friday's of their beers that they don't sell in bottles such as their IPA and cobblestone stout.

One thing that is cool about Mill Street Pub is that it has its own beer store/swag shop located at the main entrance. You can buy most of their brands there by the bottle or in 6 & 12 packs. They also sell pretty nice looking shirts' date=' glasses, mugs, hats etc...[/quote']

You can also buy growlers on Friday's of their beers that they don't sell in bottles such as their IPA and cobblestone stout.

Good to know. Is the price discounted in Growler format?

One thing that is cool about Mill Street Pub is that it has its own beer store/swag shop located at the main entrance. You can buy most of their brands there by the bottle or in 6 & 12 packs. They also sell pretty nice looking shirts' date=' glasses, mugs, hats etc...[/quote']

Good to know. Is the price discounted in Growler format?

There's no price to compare, so I don't know. I'm not sure a growler is a good deal other than you can get beer that you can't get at the LCBO or Beer Store. Mill Street also makes a nice pilsner. You can get a 6-pack for slightly less than at the Beer Store or LCBO: e.g., a bottle goes for $2.

• 5 months later...