Jambands.ca

iPad 1 or 2

bouche

Alright...who's got one of the iPad's?

Just want to confirm that i tried garageband on iPad 2 and it is INCREDIBLE! wow! There's a built in sampler too! You can take a sample, trim it, add it to your library and play it on the virtual keyboard. Imagine the fun with farts!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa! big news! I thought you were championing the Xoom.

Awesome! we have to talk more. shows how far apart we've grown :(

Garageband is without a doubt, a killer app for this tablet. I was sampling people at work today and playing them back in funny pitches. I made Alain sound 15!

I think I need to Gelaskinâ„¢ this puppy.

I seriously considered getting a Xoom but the apps swayed the balance to the iPad: Garage Band, iMovie, Netflix, etc. I'll be curious to see what the next gen Android tablets are like as I find some of the iPads limitations frustrating.

That said it's an amazing and beautiful device that continues to absorb hours of my time.

Please share any app recommendations. Do you have Flipboard?

I figured you'd see my iPad post on Facebook

knowing you have a macbook pro thingie, there's no doubt that the ipad is a great choice....facetime dude! you can ask for beers while christine is on the computer and you're upstairs or outside or in the toilet.

I'm still digesting it. i've been trying out alot of the same apps i've been using on iphone like twitter and remote (to play my music) and the interfaces are an incredible difference.

Angry Birds was super fun on the iPhone so I would definitely recommend the iPad version. Do they have an ipad version of Sonos? I'm sure that's a big upgrade if they do.

I wanna find out if garageband can collaborate between ipads over the internet. It's the perfect device to send beats and strums over the wire and build a tune.

I figured you'd see my iPad post on Facebook

Facebook does it again.

One of the first things I asked Ollie after he bought his iPad is "Did you tell Mike?"

Ollie is playing a car racing game on it right now. I got to play Angry Birds finally after hearing about it for so long. Oh and I got to play the the Crue's Home Sweet Home on the Garage Band keyboard, but in general, that thing spends way more time in Ollie's hands.

I thought I read that Flipboard was in some trouble with publishers....so I assumed that meant it was off the app store. Well....no worries...it's still there. Wicked way to consume news, and the websites you frequent!

EDIT: just discovered that it was ZITE! if you like flipboard, you'll LOVE Zite. It builds a magazine based on your interests in twitter, delicious, and google reader. I have lots of history in those services so it blew me away with the content presented. The music category and the food category is astounding. It got my tastes down perfectly.

As for that racing game, I've read reviews of it. I think it's definitely a stoner game. Do you know you can get the HDMI output and plug it into your widescreen and it will mirror that display? You can play angry birds or that racing game on your tv...controlling it with your ipad.

crazy.

I got scrabble...amazing. You can play in many ways. Play people turn-by-turn over face book. You can play with someone physically beside you, and on top of that, you can get a free app for your iPhone (if you have one) to be the tile holder, so you don't have to show your tiles or look away from the board.

I tried to submit Pull my Giant Finger last year when iPad first came out but apple denied it. They said that it didn't have enough functionality for their plans for the device. Well....DUHHHH!

I've tried ZITE a few times but it didn't interest me much. What I like so much about Flipboard is that it's way more personalized in that I can use it to read my Facebook and Twitter accounts directly. It's amazing just by the way it presents the information how much more appealing it is. It makes the content pop.

It's great for RSS feeds too. Does the Cavern have an RSS feed that I can plug into? I couldn't find one.

[color:#CCCCCC]Trying my best to ignore the douchey-er parts of this thread.

Alright...who's got one of the iPad's?

Just want to confirm that i tried garageband on iPad 2 and it is INCREDIBLE! wow! There's a built in sampler too! You can take a sample, trim it, add it to your library and play it on the virtual keyboard. Imagine the fun with farts!

not to burst your bublé but i was doing this in 1986 on my sk-1

It's great for RSS feeds too. Does the Cavern have an RSS feed that I can plug into? I couldn't find one.

[color:#CCCCCC]Trying my best to ignore the douchey-er parts of this thread.

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/rss/fid11.xml

I've learned how to write app code for iPhone/iPad that can get/post to http. So in theory, I could create a simple sanctuary login and posting interface app calling the various php pages. I just don't know what elements to post.

need to chat with the developers of fusion.