Jambands.ca

iPad 1 or 2

bouche

Katy Perry is "really excited" about the prospect of heading into space with her husband Russell Brand as she counts down the days until the couple's shuttle trip.

The I Kissed a Girl hit-maker bought her funnyman partner a seat on one of Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic space tourism flights for his 35th birthday last year and she is planning to go with him.

The couple has yet to book a date for the experience because of their busy schedules, but Perry is already dreaming about the once-in-a-lifetime adventure.

She tells MTV News, "I'm so into extraterrestrial stuff... It's very difficult for me to look up into the sky in the middle of the night and not think that our planet is one of... a bajillion (sic). It's really, really small. And Russell and I are interested in anything extraterrestrial. I mean, we're going to space! We're really excited."

"There's a group of people that work with Richard Branson, and he does the Virgin flights, and for Russell's birthday, I got him a flight to space. Because I just thought, 'What else can I give this man? He's had every experience in the world, but not a trip to space!' So he's also always searching for what is beyond this world, and we both kind of have this same vision and are always looking for more. It will be really exciting. It's like a half-a-day trip. I think there's a lot of people who are signed up for this experience."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scan saved at 7:05:50 PM, on 9/24/2010

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\WTouch\WTouchService.exe

C:\Program Files\WTouch\WTouchUser.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Pen_Tablet.exe

C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe

C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe

C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer 946\dlcimon.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcicoms.exe

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int​ernet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5643

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlcimon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer 946\dlcimon.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ynwnwf] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\msrcqxbq.dll,w

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLCICATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCItim​e.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.2.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wuuu.dll

O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp​.cab

O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {a95b14a9-21e8-4364-be1d-5b3acd26c74e} - (no file)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\WINDOWS\

O23 - Service: dlci_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcicoms.exe

O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: TabletServicePen - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Pen_Tablet.exe

O23 - Service: WTouch Service (WTouchService) - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\Program Files\WTouch\WTouchService.exe

I've been using ZITE more and more and starting to see why people like it so much. It's probably the most interesting news aggregator I've come across in terms of breadth and variety of news sources. The programming section is particularly great.

I installed Qwiki last night and am giving it a shot. It's like an audio/visual version of Wikipedia. Has potential.

Also, for converting video files to iPad format I've found Handbrake (PC and Mac, free) to be awesome. It has an iPad format preset. Still haven't figured out a way to convert format and have the file usable in iMovie though.

I was going to jailbreak my iPad 2 last night only to discover it's still locked down. Boo-urns!

I've been using ZITE more and more and starting to see why people like it so much. It's probably the most interesting news aggregator I've come across in terms of breadth and variety of news sources. The programming section is particularly great.

I've gone the opposite way and have been running Flipbook alot and using it to keep up with interesting twitter and facebook posts rather then visiting either one's sites or apps. I think I'll switch this week and go back to Zite and see how it all fits together.

Regarding video formats, I hate having to convert video. It either gets out of sync, loses quality, or just takes up too much time. Since almost anything is available in xVid format, it's nice to just drop a documentary or interview that I didnt' catch right onto the ipad without having to do shit. $2.99 is a great price for this app.

The way I see the distinction between Flipboard and Zite is that Flipboard is great for personal and truly custom content whereas Zite is great for news, news and more news. Both sit on my launch pad now.

Some of the reviews I read of that xVid player complained about audio sync. I mean, isn't it basically doing video conversion on the fly?

Sweet sale on some of EA's games this weekend... 90% off!

http://www.iosappadvice.com/massive-ios-game-sale-90-off-this-weekend-only/

iPhone:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -> $0.99

Dead Space -> 0.99

FIFA 11 -> $0.99

Fight Night Champion -> $0.99

The Game of Life: -> $0.99

Monopoly: -> $0.99

Need For Speed Shift: -> $0.99

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit: -> $0.99

Max and the Magic Marker: -> $0.99

NBA Jam: -> $0.99

Scrabble: -> $0.99

The Sims 3 Ambitions: -> $0.99

The Sims 3: -> $0.99

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: -> $0.99

CLUE-Secrets and Spies: -> $0.99

iPad:

Dead Space: -> $0.99

FIFA 11: -> $0.99

Scrabble: -> $0.99

Risk: The Official Game for iPad: -> $0.99

Madden NFL 11: -> $0.99

Boggle for iPad: -> $0.99

Picturka! for iPad: -> $0.99

Max and the Magic Marker: -> $0.99

CLUE-Secrets and Spies: -> $0.99

fyi, I KICKED ms.hux's ass the other night in scrabble. I got like 48 points for the word Chef. haha. loved that moment.

i'll play you. I pull out words like "rat" and "if" mostly. Sometimes a word just spells itself like "matte" and I just have to move the letters to the board. The words that I try and invent won't get past the scrabble judge though. Try using Zneevefy or Zixiver on a TW score and it'll stop you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

V6sA3.jpg

A job's a job,

The work is tough,

Like Steve Jobs' jobs,

Making groovy stuff.

A sprinkle of magic,

In every iPad,

An assumption so tradgic,

It makes me quite sad.

A turtle-necked fool,