Jambands.ca

iPad 1 or 2

bouche

A kidney for an iPad "A Chinese teenager was so desperate to acquire the new iPad 2 that he sold one of his kidneys for just L 2,000 [$3,300] to pay for it, according to reports. The 17-year-old boy, identified only by his surname, Zheng, confessed to his mother that he had sold the kidney after spotting an online advertisement offering cash to anyone prepared to become an organ donor," says The Daily Telegraph.

". . . [T]he boy told Shenzen TV in the southern province of Guangdong: 'When I surfed the Internet I found an advert posted online . . . saying they were able to pay 20,000 yuan to buy a kidney.'" He travelled north to the city of Chenzhou, where his kidney was removed and he was paid a total of 22,000 yuan. He suffered complications following the surgery and was unable to keep what he had done from his mother.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I just got an Apple wireless keyboard for my iPad since I've been using the pad at work more and more. Holy crap, does it ever make it easier to take notes, type out tasks and post stupid shit on twitter. anyway, paired up with the standard ipad case and one of THESE cases, it makes basic portable computing so easy.

I really want one of these bad boys (iPad).

Does anyone have a data plan? I was thinking of tethering to my iPhone but I'm a little worried about going over the data usage for that.

I mainly want it for being on the road and presenting to clients. It would be great to show then reviews from an outsiide source while I am showing them wines.

i am grandfathered in to the 6 gig data plan on iPhone and still got the 3G version. I hoped that rogers would eventually let you share data. Tethering has worked great. I mostly go heavy data on wifi at home, so I'm not a great example. I have rarely gone over 300 MB tethering.

Thethering works really well, though when your phone or iPad goes to sleep, ya tend to have to reconnect.

• 1 month later...