Jambands.ca

Last Nordiques calls it a career

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

The last active player to have worn the Nordiques jersey during his career, Adam Foote, will announce his retirement tomorrow.

t_20484_07.jpg

I loved to hate that team.

• 1 month later...
One night in Le Colisee, the Hartford Whalers were the guests. The Nordiques weren't having a great season and their fans were getting very frustrated with their play. The Whalers continued to add to their lead as the Nordiques took penalties. A jovial crowd, knowing the game was lost, held one end of toilet paper rolls and proceeded to drop them from the balcony level. As the papier de toilette rolled over the glass and onto the ice the patrons began to laugh. The crowd then turned riotous as they soaked the rolls in water (or another substance from the toilet) and began firing them like missiles at their least favourite referee. I started patrolling centre ice in an attempt to avoid personal injury. I postponed the game and sent both teams to the dressing room in an attempt for security to restore some order. After a cooling off period the game resumed and I filed a report with NHL Vice President, Brian O'Neill who took swift action.

The very next day all of the toilet paper rolls were removed from bathroom stalls in Le Colisee and replaced with "single wipe" dispensers. If I ever make it into the Hockey Hall of Fame might it be in the "Builders' Category"?

• 2 months later...
Guest Low Roller

Or not.

Apparently Owen Nolan is still playing. He just signed a tryout contract with the Vancouver Canucks.

Nolan was the first overall pick by the Nordiques in 1990.