Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2011

badams

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some wild numbers at the end of this series:

- all seven games decided by one goal (if you toss out the Wings' game 6 empty netter)

- both goalies faced exactly 246 shots - Niemi stopped 229 and Howard stopped 228

that's about as tight as a series can get... which is exactly what a 2 vs. 3 series should be

This Tampa-Boston series has me all confused. I keep cheering for Tampa, then I remember that I want Boston to win. I'm all conflicted-like.

Im going TB all the way! I thought they were gonna do it last night, I really did. They came so damn close.

I really want TB-Sharks final, but Im worried Van is gonna pull it out. (I spent a few years living on Vancouver Island and I talked waaaaayyyy too much shit while there to turn around and support them now. No fucking way!) Also, I have watched the Sharks more than ever this year and I love their team.

My worst nightmare is a Vancouver - Boston Final. I wouldn't be able to cheer for either team. I hate the fucking Green Guys with a passion and I love seeing Cam Neely squirm when Boston is sucking. It's a lose-lose for me.

But seriously, these playoffs have been off the hook good. Seriously.

Game two was insane.

All things being equal, my *preference* would be for Tampa, but if Boston makes it to the final Toronto gets an extra draft pick out of the Kaberle deal; second round, I believe. So that gives me a reason. But if Tampa beats out Boston, then I am going to have to cheer for them to take the Cup.

One interesting question if San Jose should happen to win the Cup: when was the last time that a starting goalie won the Cup in back-to-back years with two different teams? I'd go google that, but frankly I'm going to bed so I can wake up tomorrow and watch the Vancouver-SJ game with my coffee and breakfast burrito.

Ryan Kesler already stared down Shea Weber and his beard, so he wound up laughing at Joe Thornton's invitation to fight in Game 1. Kesler shared with the world that Joe Thornton challenged him to fight when the two were tossed from the opening faceoff. And Thornton, said, yep, he did just that. ... "He was asking me to fight," Kesler said. "I laughed at him." Later, Thornton was on the podium and one of the reporters told him what Kesler had said. The Sharks captain confirmed it was accurate and when he was asked why, replied: "Why not?" Later he expanded that slightly when asked what he said. "Let's fight. Let's start the series off with a bang. That's about it." Was Thornton surprised when Kesler declined? "No."

"Canadian" team? Sure.

Trivia:

They've got the fewest Canadian players of the final four teams

sj 22

b 22

tb 19

van 16

I'd like to see Van or Bos win it since it's been so long. However, Vancouver more since they have never won it yet.

I've never understood this argument. If Vancouver wins the cup, millions of Canadians will be happy (me not being one of them, but that's not the point). If Boston wins, at least 22 Canadians and their extended friends and families will be happy, along with a few thousand Canadian Bruins fans.