Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2011

badams

No need to understand anything. Just raising a point. I could care less other than when somebody labels you as unpatriotic because you may not be cheering for the team that has it's home rink in Canada ;)

I'd like to see the 'Nucks win it. It would be one helluva party in Vancouver that's for sure. Will I run out in the streets because it's a Canadian city? No ;):D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was called a "traitor to Canada" the other day at the liqour store while wearing my Boston hat. When I asked who he was rooting for, he says:

"I stopped watching hockey when the last Canadian team was beat out"

All I could do was scratch my head and walk away. Fanboys are hilarious.

Guest Low Roller

Ahhhhh.... All is well. The Sharks choke yet again in the playoffs. Just check out this stellar season:playoffs comparison.

2005–06: 2nd place (Pacific), Lost in Conference Semifinals, 2–4 (Oilers)

2006–07: 2nd place (Pacific), Lost in Conference Semifinals, 2-4 (Red Wings)

2007–08: 2nd place (League), Lost in Conference Semifinals, 2-4 (Stars)

2008–09: 1st place (League), Lost in Conference Quarterfinals, 2-4 (Ducks)

2009–10: 1st place (Conference), Lost in Conference Finals, 0-4 (Blackhawks)

2010–11: 2nd place (Conference), Lost in Conference Finals, 1-4 (Canucks)

Clearly you can see a bell curve performance progression in the regular season, so their best years are behind them, and they have no playoff glory to show for it.

Heatley can eat a big fat dick.

1 - Roller, look at the title of the thread I bumped.

2 - I will not deny I have tons of time on my hands this week NW but if you think it takes longer than 30 seconds to find a thread with a couple of keywords then you might want to consider hiring this guy as your summer student for whatever the fuck it is you do:

Epic+cover+letter.jpg

Edited by Guest
updated url for image

Guest Low Roller

Heatley can gofuckhimself. If he had defected from the Sens to join the Habs I would have probably sung a different tune because I am a hypocrite.

Nice one Dave. I watched the end of the hockey game with a bunch of fanboys last night. I say end of the game cuz they were too busy hippy dancing to Bob Dylan tunes to watch the whole game.

The fanboys in question were a little older, and didn't know what they are talking about which was wierd cuz it's usually me who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Anyways. I was happy with the outcome!

Guest Low Roller

Does Horton fill the mold of a Bruin to absolute perfection or what? He looks like a neanderthal, plays a rough game, can score, and goons on the crowd.

So does he get a suspension for spraying the Lighting fan with water and throwing a water bottle at him, or not? Probably just a fine.

The sked for the finals just came out the other day.

Game 1: Wednesday, June 1

Game 2: Saturday, June 4

Game 3: Monday, June 6

Game 4: Wednesday, June 8

Game 5: Friday, June 10

Game 6: Monday, June 13

Game 7: Wednesday, June 15

I'll miss game 4 as I'll be at the Darien Lake Phish concert, and if the series goes the full 7, I'm going to miss that game because I'll be at a remote campsite without any access to TV.

What's a hockey-loving, Phishhead camper to do?

Hey someone got bit last night. Shouldn't Booche (and whoever the fuck else lost it when Sharko went off) be tear soaked and enraged about the atrocity that just took place?

Last nights game was not great viewing IMO. I was praying it wouldn't go into overtime.