Jambands.ca

Karl Denson and Hllside

Groove Fetish

Sam said that he will likely get Karl and the North Mississippi's to do a workshop together. Awesome- the workshops always rock

The workshops are a very cool part of Hillside, especially when the artists click and magic happens.

Was first introduced to Karl at Gratefulfest four years ago. They certainly had me moving from the start. How very appealing...

That certainly was a fun set dancing in the sand at Nelson Ledges! He was playing with The Greyboy Allstars for that show. His band is also very groovy and will have people shaking their bones.

Peace, Mark

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I saw him he was with Lenny Kravitz @ Massey Hall on the Mama Said tour. Didn't realize it at the time, just dug the horn section. Many years later learned about the Greyboy Allstars and his solo bands and totally dug his various styles. Sadly, he doesn't come around these parts very often, so this Hillside gig is a real treat. Gotta love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIns4UETEQ

A friend of mine from high school married Lenny's guitarist right around that time too. No idea if they are still together (they were in 1999 at my high school 10 year reunion and he was there ... the guitarist, not Lenny )