Jambands.ca

Karl Denson and Hllside

Groove Fetish

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed a couple of other cool acts on the bill (These United States and Rural Alberta Advantage) but also noticed that North Mississippi is only a duo.

I see that These United States are playing Friday but I couldn't find any info as to when Rural Alberta is playing, any idea folks?

• 2 weeks later...

North Mississippi Allstars Duo announce that they will not be able to perform at the Hillside Festival due to a new development in their schedule. The duo has been asked by Robert Plant to tour with him in Eastern Europe during the same time period. The Duo will be performing in Lithuania, Russia, Poland, Germany with Robert Plant and the Band of Joy. The band hopes to return to the Hillside Festival to make up for the show and apologizes for the cancellation.

last time i saw karl was kdtu about a decade or so ago

might have been with bones, as we were hangin putr at the time, dontchaknow...

anyhoo, it sucked. mighta been the travel, the leftover salmon, any number of factors, but it wasn't that good.

then, i was at New Orleans jazz fest this year - saw karl (still as KDTU!) at tipitinas. DANCED MY ASS OFF TIL 5AM and I C OULDN"T STAND NO MORE.

awesome. kdtu has been redeemed in my books. one of my fave after-hours shows of jazzfest (though i missed lucinda, and aparently she killed, though her jazzfest slot was a snoozer)

anyhoo, have fun at hillside. karl &his TU are rockin.

p.s. get yer asses down to new orleans - MAN is that city sweet!