Jambands.ca

Deep Dark Woods (ON/QC) - Sept, 2011 dates

Blurry

Yeah, I was really impressed with them! Every note was thoughtfully placed and the layers were magical at times! That last tune had a nice visit to the Pink Floyd side of things! Way more jamming and seeking then I expected. Great sound - great playing and sweet harmonies!

Funny stage banter for sure - even Shyler Jansens. At one point he introduced Luke from DDW who was playing a few tunes with him as "Luke Goetz - lover of picnics". I'd love to be labeled a "lover of picnics" - I might even have that written on my tombstone!

Nice to share the night with good friends too!

Edited by Guest

Bought the DDW's first CD in Hamilton and have been loving it - especially the tune Redwood Forest - so creepy and eerie and awesome.

They played it at the Hamilton show (only realized it after listening to the CD). I remember there was a wild jam during this song that was so mysterious - it was awesome and Hilhorst blew it away on the organ!

Did they play 'Straight and Narrow' for you guys in Hamilton? The jam on that one was so wild, irregular and bizarre that i remember thinking i was witnessing genius when they came back to the 'it's hard to follow, the straight and narrow' chorus.

did anyone go to the black sheep or the 4th stage?

Nope we missed both shows. I only had tickets for the Black Sheep- the NAC show was a songwriters circle thing with other acts.

Northern Wish's spaceship must have took off into orbit.

Infact quite the opposite- my evening was completely derailed by an old friend who sent his spaceship into orbit far too early and we had to babysit a bit.

Did they play 'Straight and Narrow' for you guys in Hamilton? The jam on that one was so wild, irregular and bizarre that i remember thinking i was witnessing genius when they came back to the 'it's hard to follow, the straight and narrow' chorus.

Yup! the jam was crazy - don't love the song in general but the jam was awesome!

• 2 months later...

More tour dates for the DDW! with a hometown show ta boot!

Sep 18 Oh! Fest London, Canada

Sep 19 The Loft Stratford, Canada

Sep 21 The Casbah Hamilton, Canada

Sep 22 The Black Sheep Wakefield, Canada

Sep 23 Pop Montreal Montréal, Canada

Sep 24 Lee's Palace Toronto, Canada

Sep 25 Van Gogh's Ear Guelph, Canada

• 1 month later...