Jambands.ca

Election Results

Hartamophone

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. I can't feel bad about my vote. Home riding is way blue (and the guy does a great job) and my school riding put a very able Liberal candidate (she used to work at the United Nations) to try to out John Baird and have an incredibly bright and younger female representative into the house. I walked to and from the polling station and got registered in about 20 minutes. I feel good about today. It's either that or hate people for the way they voted. That would be way lame.

"When I am through with Canada, you won't recognize it."

Is that from Prime Minister Fuckhead? I turned in after Layton's speech. Wish I could sleep through the next four years.

Less than 40% of the popular vote should not a majority make.

Nice to see the BQ decimated but that's small consolation.

I'm disappointed with the results' date=' it looks like the whole NDP fever of last week really helped Harper take most of Liberal Seats.

[/quote']

I think the extremely poor leadership the liberal party has had since the departure of Paul Martin contributed more to their demise than anything else.

a lot of both, i think. iggy sure didn't inspire liberals to stand firm and they caved.

very disappointing overall. in guelph we did manage to stave off the idiot conservative candidate and returned our liberal. small consolation.

Guest Low Roller

Liberals shot themselves in the foot by trying to force another election. I think that they garnered a lot of negative reaction from voters who didn't really see the need to waste $300M to run another election. I think Canadians were sick of having an impotent minority government, and Iginateff certainly did not inspire anyone as a viable candidate for PM.

Having the NDP as opposition party will be interesting, despite the sharp learning curve they are all suddenly forced to climb.

BQ never was a real federal party, and I'm glad that Quebec smartened up and basically rendered them a non-party.

Conservatives have four years to make it count. We're all watching.

boo urns. 4 more years of a robot with lego hair governing us.

what really grinds my gears is all these religious and christian folks who think harper is a great guy, how can you not see what he is doing to Gods great creations? GMO foods and animals? whats so wrong with gods creations that they have to be messed with so badly that cows cant walk because their udders are so swollen with milk they are dripping puss? that GMO crops are now crossbreeding in the wild because they were introduced too soon? and what about this whole Bill C 6?? fucking bullshit.

heres hoping that the tories actually get some good done in the next term, i dont really see it but hey, im just one man.

Liberals shot themselves in the foot by trying to force another election. I think that they garnered a lot of negative reaction from voters who didn't really see the need to waste $300M to run another election. I think Canadians were sick of having an impotent minority government, and Iginateff certainly did not inspire anyone as a viable candidate for PM.

Having the NDP as opposition party will be interesting, despite the sharp learning curve they are all suddenly forced to climb.

BQ never was a real federal party, and I'm glad that Quebec smartened up and basically rendered them a non-party.

Conservatives have four years to make it count. We're all watching.

I'm not so sure it was the Liberals who forced the election. If Harper governed from the middle and played ball then we could have carried on for a few more years with the status quo. Instead, with the blatant disregard for parliament he showed, not to mention a budget he knew would not get passed by the opposition, Harper forced the election at a time that he thought would most benefit his party. The fractured left was not ready for this election.

Liberals shot themselves in the foot by trying to force another election. I think that they garnered a lot of negative reaction from voters who didn't really see the need to waste $300M to run another election. I think Canadians were sick of having an impotent minority government' date=' and Iginateff certainly did not inspire anyone as a viable candidate for PM.

Conservatives have four years to make it count. We're all watching. [/quote']

I'm not so sure it was the Liberals who forced the election. If Harper governed from the middle and played ball then we could have carried on for a few more years with the status quo. Instead, with the blatant disregard for parliament he showed, not to mention a budget he knew would not get passed by the opposition, Harper forced the election at a time that he thought would most benefit his party. The fractured left was not ready for this election.

agreed. Harper wanted this election more than anyone else. he shouldnt have even been able to run for office again after being found in contempt IMHO, if this was the US, thank God is isnt, but if it was, he woulda been fined heavily and maybe jailed? thats a good start hahah

what the fuck!!!!!!

GTA party standings:

Before election: Liberal 31, Conservative 14, NDP 2

After election: Conservative 32, NDP 8, Liberal 7

that says it all.

i'm curious to see the actual numbers. did the cons get more votes in the GTA, or did the NDP surge screw the libs, and in turn the rest of us?

I don't think that this will be over in four years. as long as he doesn't totally screw up the economy, they will be around for much longer than four years. fuck the environment. fuck health care. fuck social justice. hello jails (lets just arrest those who don't think like us). good-bye CBC (how long until that announcement is made?) i have never been so scared for this country's future.

the lying, deceit, contempt for parliament, lack of accountability, etc. wasn't an issue for 40% of us. with a majority, all of that can be much better hidden. if it was a non issue today, it will remain so.

when the globe and mail endorsed harper my immediate reaction was to cancel my subscription. I held off, but will now be doing so. i don't want to read national news for the next few years. it just raises my blood pressure.

I was looking up who said the quote about the government you deserve and found this at jambands.com:

Thomas Jefferson is credited with saying The government you elect is government you deserve. H.L. Mencken said the same thing, but better: "People deserve the government they get, and they deserve to get it good and hard."

so, we are a country of fools, morons, and idiots.

well folks, bend over.

what the fuck!!!!!!

GTA party standings:

Before election: Liberal 31, Conservative 14, NDP 2

After election: Conservative 32, NDP 8, Liberal 7

that says it all.

i'm curious to see the actual numbers. did the cons get more votes in the GTA, or did the NDP surge screw the libs, and in turn the rest of us?

I don't think that this will be over in four years. as long as he doesn't totally screw up the economy, they will be around for much longer than four years. fuck the environment. fuck health care. fuck social justice. hello jails (lets just arrest those who don't think like us). good-bye CBC (how long until that announcement is made?) i have never been so scared for this country's future.

the lying, deceit, contempt for parliament, lack of accountability, etc. wasn't an issue for 40% of us. with a majority, all of that can be much better hidden. if it was a non issue today, it will remain so.

when the globe and mail endorsed harper my immediate reaction was to cancel my subscription. I held off, but will now be doing so. i don't want to read national news for the next few years. it just raises my blood pressure.

I was looking up who said the quote about the government you deserve and found this at jambands.com:

Thomas Jefferson is credited with saying The government you elect is government you deserve. H.L. Mencken said the same thing, but better: "People deserve the government they get, and they deserve to get it good and hard."

so, we are a country of fools, morons, and idiots.

well folks, bend over.

Well put Al. I am sure we will all survive, but man this country really could change. With Harper poised to nominate a bunch of SC Justices in the next four years, and appoint a bunch of people to the Senate, the lasting effect of his "rule" will be felt for a long time.

It's so true that the people deserve what they voted for. And for those that did NOT vote ... they deserve to be the ones to get it the hardest, IMHO :P

Scary times ahead here at the CBC i'm sure. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck ... fuck you Harper ... and FUCKYOU too Iggy. You are a chump. That speech you gave last night was pathetic. Glad you are "learning from your mistakes" and are on your f'in knees begging for your party to keep you around in any sort of position. I think you should be cleaning toilet stalls for them.

UGH.

Here's one interesting thing from the G&M Al:

Lawrence Martin, a political columnist for The Globe and Mail newspaper and author of "Harperland: The Politics of Control," calls Harper "the most autocratic and partisan prime minister Canada has ever had."

31.gif

i'm about three-quarters of the way through that book. damn scary stuff. I heard Lawrence Martin in an interview state that Harper has no conscience. i'm not sure that I will now be able to finish the book. it's just gonna make me too angry.

the libs and NDP need to unite. otherwise the centre-left has no chance. (we were luck while the alliance and PCs kept splitting the right vote.) but, how many right liberals will be lost? would such an alliance still have gotten 50% of the vote last night? I'm not so sure. I wish that Alberta would just separate. I'd like to keep Quebec though, thank you. we need them, now more than ever.