Jambands.ca

Why the poor vote Conservative

d_rawk

Lack of education is the biggest load of bullshit, ever. It has zero to do with education.

And as a somewhat 'educated' person, I take offense as a former-Conservative supporter that anyone thinks it should go on the list.

This is politics, afterall.

• What Canadians struggling to make ends meet want most is a job; not government benefits, not abstract poverty-reduction plans, certainly not charity. Harper tapped into that yearning, promising to stabilize the economy and create employment. The New Democrats, aiming to beat him at his own game, said they would cut small business taxes.

This is it. The Liberals couldn't grasp the simplicity of the concept and its delivery. I don't think they've ever been more out of touch with what people wanted to hear. People distrust politicians and hate politics by nature, they don't care to read through a party platform to hear about an elaborate poverty reduction scheme and what that promises. They wanted what Harper delivered - the one line promise of job creation.

Personally, i think the Conservatives had one of the most brilliant campaigns ever.

Just saying it's possible to draw some conclusions about a person based on what they regularly read.

I never mentioned I thought one would be smarter than the other.

Not sure I understand your point then. I never disputed that it's possible to form your own opinions. But that's all they are, nothing more. All of my replies, up to and including the one you quoted were in reply to the comments about how reading a certain newspaper shows lack of education or intelligence. Hence, my asking you to tell me who is more educated or intelligent based on their reading material as you presented it. Since that was after all, the point of the post you quoted.