Jambands.ca

Ottawa Knife Sharpening

bouche

Anyone have a good place to take knives for a seasonal sharpening? There's a guy the drives around our neighbourhood in a truck and rings a bell like an ice cream truck, and he sharpens knives on demand. About $5 per knive. He does garden tools too.

Haven't seen him in a while and the Wusthof needs a sharpenin'!

Anyone have a good place to take knives for a seasonal sharpening? There's a guy the drives around our neighbourhood in a truck and rings a bell like an ice cream truck, and he sharpens knives on demand. About $5 per knive. He does garden tools too.

Haven't seen him in a while and the Wusthof needs a sharpenin'!

I've been waiting for this guy to come around again, too. The thing is, by the time I hear the bell, it is pretty dangerous to grab a bunch of knives, run down the stairs (I live on the second floor), and chase after a truck with a bunch of weapons in hand.

• 2 weeks later...

they will sharpen all of your knives here for free!

just got mine done on saturday. buddy said that their "good" machine was being serviced so it would only be a medium sharpening. I can't tell the difference.

when asked why they do it for free the response was: "can you walk into here without buying anything?"

It's a great store taboot.

they will sharpen all of your knives here for free!

just got mine done on saturday. buddy said that their "good" machine was being serviced so it would only be a medium sharpening. I can't tell the difference.

when asked why they do it for free the response was: "can you walk into here without buying anything?"

It's a great store taboot.

good tip. and they're right. i can't go in there without buying something. I hone my knives on every use but they need a proper sharpening from time to time.

I figured out that ms.hux and I were probably honing the knives on the sharpy stick at 2 different angles, working against each other. Now our knives are staying really sharp. They could probably still use a yearly re-edging but the angle is obviously very important.