Jambands.ca

Ollie & Kev content: genesis cover goodness

kookycanooky

The Musical Box return to the Danforth Theater (Music Hall no longer?) Dec 2 and 3 for two shows of the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

This according to their website. No news on tix sales. The danforth music hall was closed by the city for not paying rent, apparently they've found new tenants?

This is good news because Massey Hall sucks sometimes. Especially for this band which does way way better in smaller & intimate soft-seat venues.

My 2 cents? This will be good but doesn't touch the epic show that is Selling England.

Carry on...

woohoo! Yup, heard the news. I'll be there ... will you be coming in Ollie, or waiting on an Ottawa date?

SEBTP is still my fav too, but the spectacle that is the Lamb is brilliant. So far ahead of its time. No need to be right up close either, you need to see all the screens, etc.

They usually play Gatineau over Ottawa these days but it's still pretty close. Not aware of any looming dates.

I really miss the Spectrum days and have slowly lost interest in the band since they moved to the Bell Centre in Montreal. The loss of Martin Levac soured my interest a bit too.

So it's completely up in the air if I'll see this tour. Thanks for the heads up though kc!

The band definitely suffered some line up changes that soured the experience...and putting that dumb wig on the keyboard player was a step in the wrong direction for me...BUT, the sound is the same as ever - that is, amazingly recreated with stupefying accuracy, and as long as the gabriel guy is in tow these guys will always be king.

I've never been to the Bell center (but I guess its the same as any big arena) though I did see a Foxtrot show at the Spectrum and agree whole heartily that a smaller intimate venue is totally necessary for experiencing this crazy show.

Kev, I'm shooting for row M-O, iirc seats 13-28 will put you in the center isle - my fav location in the house. And i'm totally down with the Lamb, a very rare treat to see it performed as TMB does it. But I don't like or get much out of the album once the Waiting Room is over - it gets drawn out and a bit boring, thats why I like the other show so much more.

But I don't like or get much out of the album once the Waiting Room is over - it gets drawn out and a bit boring, thats why I like the other show so much more.

Anyway?

The Lamia?

The Colony of Slippermen?

Riding The Scree?

Pus, in the live setting: Watcher of the Skies, The Musical Box

WHAT?!! ;)