Jambands.ca

Smoking meats and other things

bouche

Has anyone dabbled into smoking with wood? I started a few years ago but found it very tedious and difficult using a standard weber grill. Ms.Hux just picked me up a weber smokey mountian smoker and I can't believe how easy it is to work the smoke now.

Got ribs going.

I was considering getting a Bradley smoker for a while now but considering it's dependency on both electricity and proprietary pucks, it isn't the right fit to enjoy the art of smoking.

If the power goes out for a few days, I'll be the guy on the block cooking the food.

Anyone have any apple trees that have fallen or need to be cut down? I want some apple wood chunks!

• 2 weeks later...
Well! It just turns out that I now have The World's Best Smoker and Grill in stock at my store!

Big Green Egg

It may be a bit unsightly on the outside, but its all business on the inside. I can't wait to try out the demo unit this weekend.

Oh good christ - I covet this bad boy weekly. LOVE it! Although, I have tasted what the Traeger can do and it's no fucking slouch either!

That is one of the beauties of the Egg. It is a grill, smoker and a brick oven. By throttling the air at the top and bottom, you can precisely control the temperature. You can also get plate setters and baking stones for indirect cooking and baking. You can sear steaks at 700 degrees. It is very versatile and is the best selling kamodo style cooker in the world.

Do I sound like a salesman?

I am looking forward to the marketing guys from Ontario flying down to do a big cookout/demo day here at my store on July 9.

Edited by Guest

• 11 months later...

I just got a Napoleon Apollo Smoker and hope to do a fish in the coming month.

Used it as just a charcoal grill today to check the seal around the seams and cook up some beef that should have been cooked yesterday.

I was considering sealing the seams with fiberglass rope or high heat silicone caulk.

I thought it might be worth my time but I'm pretty patient and am willing to let it seal itself as it seasons if that's a better option.

Does anyone have any good tips on prepping a vertical smoker to perform better?

Advice?