Jambands.ca

Phish Summer Tour Sounds

Northern Wish

And Great Woods was the last ever Gamehenge!

Man, that Ottawa show...

After a friend had tried and failed to get me to Montreal for the previous Phish show there, Stone Mtn played me two songs on his stereo, Golgi and Contact. Strange how vividly I remember that moment. Based on those two songs I went to the Ottawa show, but not until I got really really drunk.

So drunk in fact I bought a very ugly Pollack Phish shirt on the way in and parked my drunken ass in front of Fishman, doffed all shirts and danced like a lunatic at the front of stage right for 2+ hours. I was absolutely astounded, and unquestionably staggeringly plastered. Zeppelin and Floyd covers, trampoulines, vacuum cleaners, a couple of (truly) acoustic pieces. I was completely flabbergasted.

I have not since spent any time in public indoors shirtless, nor have I danced like that at a show. I'm half convinced that when Phish says Ottawa is ca-razee they are speaking in a small part about that maniac that danced a constant twelve-foot arc in front of Fishman with his jaw dragging behind him.

PS My second show was Canandagua, with a second set that consisted wholly of Theme>Tweezer. I kinda wondered if these guys were for real.

PS My second show was Canandagua, with a second set that consisted wholly of Theme>Tweezer. I kinda wondered if these guys were for real.

That was in the first package of tapes that I traded for. I was a total noob and I had no idea what to think. To this day I don't think I have ever relistened to it. ..::off to the spreadsheet to grab it now::...