Jambands.ca

Super Ball IX Setlists

Hartamophone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a weekend! My crew was set up in Hawaii or Alaska, it seemed a bit closer to Ball Square and a little more mellow than the big camping area with the Dakotas and all that area. Was there a shakedown over in that area? We wandered over once and were surprised by the absence of fans vending stuff. I was also surprised that I didn't see one Skank all weekend - too bad. I actually only met 1 other Canadian (guy named Ari who commented on my Ti Cats hat).

The good:

- solid Phish performances all around. Me casa es Mike's casa.

- great sound from most everywhere

- Pinball Lounge was rockin

- Finally made it onto the ferris wheel

- Porto potties in my area were well maintained all weekend

- Perfect weather!

The not-so-good:

- No screens. BRUTAL!

- Not enough toilets in the concert area - just that one area on stage right by the soundboard. None on stage left, etc.

- Security going into the festival (upon arrival and whenever crossing from camping area to the show area) was the tightest I've ever seen at a Phish festival (including Big Cypress & Coventry). We got away with sneaking in a lot of booze but had many fallen soldiers too.

- Initial orientation was a bit tricky as there were no site maps distributed upon arrival, and there were no signs indicating which camping area you were in. When I finally DID find site maps I had to beg the guy for one as they were very low on them (which is strange if attendance was indeed low).

Edited by Guest

I was also surprised that I didn't see one Skank all weekend - too bad. I actually only met 1 other Canadian (guy named Ari who commented on my Ti Cats hat).

My guess is that you did run into a skank afterall. The Ari you speak of was likely Afro Poppa?

all three nights are on demonoid... my bar code on my ticket was ripped at the gate as were alot of peoples as well.

The Phish Super Ball IX facebook page wrote:

If you had your Super Ball IX ticket ripped, and lost your barcode to redeem your free MP3 download of the weekend at LivePhish.com, don't fret - Phish Tickets will be emailing all codes directly to you either today or tomorrow (so sit tight and we'll make sure you're taken care of).

What a Superball it was!!

Made the last minute decision to join a pretty spectacular crew for 4 nights of rock'n'roll- and it couldn't have been more amazing.. Phish played great, awesome setlists.. great weather.. ran our first festie 5k race which was probably the most beautiful buzz of the whole weekend.

Thanks to everyone for being so much fun.. and for the Glen Closers for taking the time to get us in to their domain. I hope they do it there again- great venue.

Freeker and Northern Wish, you guys rock man, it was so much fun having a little dance crew together for each set on Friday and Saturday. Thanks again for the pints guys. Perfect.

It was so good to see you after all these years dude and it was absolute pleasure to get to meet Mellie and spend some quality time getting down and getting drunk with you fine folks. I say we do it again soon!

What a fantastic weekend, everything worked out perfect, met a shitload of new friends and got a chance to reconnect with some old ones. The weather, the venue, the music and the party were all 100% perfect. Big thanks to NW for being the best partner n crime in the world, you rock bro!

Yeah this was a blast of a time. So glad that I made it! I did run into a bunch of Skancs C-Towns, 'Shwa, LionLocks, JChameleon, Laurie Wassink, BradM...

wild times... Day in the Life was one of my highlights...

Unfortunately it wasn't the wookie moon I had hoped for, after our honeymoon in Quebec City, we returned to Toronto and my wife Karen just couldn't come - she was stressing about her PHD defense at the end of July, so luckily my bud Farbsie aka Hipsterave was able to come up with me and we raged hard.

Big love to all who made it - it felt really special to be there!

Superball was just that! Great to run into some familiar faces!

We had such an amazing, chill time... Nothing like relaxing, gorgeous weather, amazing art installations and great music.

Here are some shots I took over the weekend;

Friday, July 1:

SET ONE

Possum

Peaches En Regalia

The Moma Dance

Torn & Frayed

NICU

Bathtub Gin

Life On Mars

My Friend, My Friend

Wolfman's Brother

Roses Are Free

Funky Bitch

Quinn The Eskimo

SET TWO

Crosseyed And Painless >

Chalk Dust Torture

Sand >

The Wedge

Mike's Song >

Simple >

Bug

The Horse >

Silent In The Morning

Weekapaug Groove

Joy

Character Zero

ENCORE

Show Of Life

I've set up a torrent of my recording of day 1:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=546393

Enjoy!

Aloha,

Brad

Such a great call playing Quinn The Eskimo. Of course! It's funny, during our pre-festival discussion about what Phish could potentially do to give props to The Band (reflecting on Phish's past selections), I don't recall anyone calling Quinn as a possible selection. (Disclaimer: yes, it is a Dylan tune but the The Basement Tapes connection, etc etc.)

Dirty Mike and the Boys BROUGHT it!

What a great festival, good to see a lot of folks out and about. We had one of the closest camp sites that wasn't in Glem Close thanks to some veteran tour skills. Some young phans from Iowa took us under their shade tent and we proceeded to show them the wonders of Canada. David Bowie will forever be known as David Pukie in our camp after poor Prost got run by puked on by a dirty wookress.

Woo Hoo!