Jambands.ca

Hillside 2011

phishtaper

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep your eye out for the Flying Chestnut/spatula food booth with Laura and Sean. Great food! Great people!

Eating Sean's food is one of the many highlights of Hillside for me every year! I haven't been to the Flying Chestnut yet.. But Aasmabik's in PTBO back in the day was thee best.

I'm not sure what they mean by the Guelph Lake Pit area, but I am hoping and planning to swim off of the island. The main beach is actually located a fair distance from the island. It often gets closed mid-summer because of contamination. I can remember at least one previous Hillside where the main beach was closed but where testing indicated it was safe to swim off the island.

Looking forward to taking in some sweet live music, eating some tasty food, and running into some skanks over the course of the weekend! :)

Peace, Mark

· Open fire restrictions

The following conservation areas are under an Open Fire Restriction due to the extremely dry conditions:

· Conestogo Lake

· Guelph Lake

· Rockwood

· Elora Gorge

· Brant

· Laurel Creek

· Byng Island*

Cooking fires are permitted on campsites from noon to midnight only. After midnight, all fires must be completely extinguished.

Not sure what they mean by cooking fires- but I'm hoping they mean raging bonfire with lots of guitars.