Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
phishtaper

Hillside 2011

Keep your eye out for the Flying Chestnut/spatula food booth with Laura and Sean. Great food! Great people!

Eating Sean's food is one of the many highlights of Hillside for me every year! I haven't been to the Flying Chestnut yet.. But Aasmabik's in PTBO back in the day was thee best.

Folks 'round here will really like One Hundred Dollars- Simone the vocalist has a real Janis thing without being too derivative and strong lyrics. The band is super tight particularly the album proudcer/ lap steel player.

I'm not sure what they mean by the Guelph Lake Pit area, but I am hoping and planning to swim off of the island. The main beach is actually located a fair distance from the island. It often gets closed mid-summer because of contamination. I can remember at least one previous Hillside where the main beach was closed but where testing indicated it was safe to swim off the island.

Looking forward to taking in some sweet live music, eating some tasty food, and running into some skanks over the course of the weekend! :)

Peace, Mark

I'm assuming the main beach area is the big beach that overflow campers walk by just before entering the festival - it's a giant beach, so just assuming there isn't a bigger one.

Found a map - Campers Beach on this image:

2583020330_3834fb2837.jpg

· Open fire restrictions

The following conservation areas are under an Open Fire Restriction due to the extremely dry conditions:

· Conestogo Lake

· Guelph Lake

· Rockwood

· Elora Gorge

· Brant

· Laurel Creek

· Byng Island*

Cooking fires are permitted on campsites from noon to midnight only. After midnight, all fires must be completely extinguished.

Not sure what they mean by cooking fires- but I'm hoping they mean raging bonfire with lots of guitars.

while I missed a few of you- I did get to see a few Skanks. Good to see you all.

I LOVED hillside- its such a good family festival- you really couldn't ask for anything better.

Our man Zack loved ever minute of it and stayed up till 11:30 each night rocking out!