Jambands.ca

Hillside 2011

phishtaper

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....meee tooooooooo...grrreaT festival! I have a super pic of NewRider and a giant cob of corn! Haha!

Is this the photo of me showing what I wanted to do with the corn cob to Chris Murphy?

So great seeing you guys out there. Hope you boy's face is feeling better.

....meee tooooooooo...grrreaT festival! I have a super pic of NewRider and a giant cob of corn! Haha!

Is this the photo of me showing what I wanted to do with the corn cob to Chris Murphy?

So great seeing you guys out there. Hope you boy's face is feeling better.

Yes..thats it. Glad you didnt do it..lol..I realy enjoyed Sloan. It was kinda neat for me since it was 20 years ago my friends teenage sister made us take her to an all ages Sloan show at Zaphods in Ottawa.

Desmonds face is doing fine..though I brought him to the hospital at 3:30am Sunday night/morning after my mommyness went into over drive thinking about head injuries...gak!

No, I didn't. I just heard about it a little while afterwards. Poor little guy.

Small world. Well he had a solid diet of ice cream and pizza after..plus the, "lets go to the hospital" bribery was a new toy, more sugar and GLOW STICKS and cherry flavoured Tylonals...not a bad deal realy. ;)

Those Merry go Rounds were pretty cool though..just a bit fast maybe..

Yeah- that can be an issue. Especially on Saturday night in the beer tents. There tends to be a couple good beer tent shows in a row so we usually head in early, before the crowd arrives and get a spot to hang for a while.

The bigger issue is that the portapotties are outside the beer tent so if you have to use them, you are forced to line up again. That can be rough after a long day of drinking in the sun.

We asked some of the organizers about that. They said the liquor control board liked it because it kept people moving. I guess they have had some headaches with the board in the past and since they moved the portapotties to outside the beer tent area the liquor board has backed off, so they don't plan on switching it up anytime soon.

However, with the new, relaxed festival rules (which could have been adopted this year, but weren't) there is hope for an improved situation upcoming years.

[color:purple]whaaaaaa ... I drank a lot and had to pee ... whaaaaa ... other people got into the tent, not me ... whaaaa ..... the sausages were too salty .... whaaaa .... my feet hurt .... whaaaaa .... the music was too loud .... whaaaa .... my stash got wet when i went for a swim .... whaaaaa .... they put my fried tofu and avocado sammich on a purple plate .... whaaaaa .... there were too many kids running around .... whaaaa .... there werent enough kids running around .... whaaaaa .... my feet still hurt .... whaaaa .....

:drinks:

I dont realy think that complaining about not being able to a)use a toilette or b)be able to see the bands you payed to see qualifies as whining...

i hear ya, but i think you are indeed unfairly whining. i dont wanna get all polly pissy pants on ya, but nobody prevented you from going pee. there are all sorts of reasons why toilets are no longer inside the tent areas, not the least of which are smell and truck accessibility for constant cleaning. and nobody prevented you from seeing the bands you paid to see. you just had to get your act together and get there early enough to beat the other thousand people who wanted to see the band they also paid to see.

just sayin...they need to work that stuff out.

again, not wishing to pick a fight, but given all of the stuff that they have packed onto a very small island, i would say they have already done a fantastic job of working that stuff out. in fact, as someone who has been to many hillsides, I thought that this year's site was very well laid out ...

sighhhhhhhhh....its all good, everythings perfect, happyness, happyness, hippyness...haPPeeePooLiCe...

Hillside rocks..they just gotta work out a few kinks as it grows like anything. Hillside still rocks..going again...just hope they can work out a few kinks.

(((donewiththisthreadbackingawaytryingtonotfeelannoyedcauseitsnobigdealio)))

I'm not that upset over the lack of toilets in the beer tent.

I ended up leaving after Sheepdogs to see Karl D on the main stage, but if I had stuck around for Hollerado my choices would have been a burst bladder or missing half the set waiting in line to get back in after visiting the loo.

If that is my only complaint about a festival then kudos to the organizers on a well run weekend!