Jambands.ca

OEM Express - ottawa

bouche

Does anyone know if OEM Express is still running a shop in Ottawa? If so, do you have a working phone number? Their website and online ordering has become http://www.bewawa.com/

Their listed phone number doesn't work.

Incidentally, the other go-to computer shop in Ottaw, www.sprintcomputer.com now shows this:

Dear Customer:

We are closed due to financial difficulties.

For future services related services please contact 609 A Center Street Ottawa, Ontario K1K 2N8

Tel: 613-7465449

Fax: 613-7464770

Email: sales@silverwingcomputers.com

Thank you for letting us served you for the past 15 years. Sprint and all its staff value the friendship we have built over the years.

I was hoping to avoid shipping. I have the item I need to get in my Newegg cart (1.5 TB drive for backup) but I figured I could drive over and pick it up...it's listed at the same price.

It's unbelievable to me that pc compenants and full systems are easier to buy online than at a shop now.

The last time I put together a PC was at sprint. It still took about 2 weeks or so for them to get all the parts and put it together. I could have got all the parts for it via newegg and had them in half the time or less and put it together myself but I wanted to do the business at Sprint and figured they'd have it done in a few days.

sweet-assss. The drive fit perfectly in my enclosure and is now setup as my Time Machine backup on the mac. It's nice to have the security of a backup when all your photos, music and whatever historic files from the last 5 years are on one machine.

I'm blown away at how much space we can get for such a low price. I remember my first 8 GB drive was close to $300. Of course my very first hard drive was 120 MB while everyone else I know only had about 32 MB. I went all out with my first PC.

sweet-assss. The drive fit perfectly in my enclosure and is now setup as my Time Machine backup on the mac. It's nice to have the security of a backup when all your photos, music and whatever historic files from the last 5 years are on one machine.

I'm blown away at how much space we can get for such a low price. I remember my first 8 GB drive was close to $300. Of course my very first hard drive was 120 MB while everyone else I know only had about 32 MB. I went all out with my first PC.

Which one did you end up getting?