Jambands.ca

Jack Layton: 1950- 2011

Northern Wish

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sad. I fondly remember meeting the man when he was a rookie city counselor when I was in Grade 7. I couldn't believe how friendly and genuine he was with a bunch of school kids. He really listened and took his time.

In recent years I had seen him locking his bike up outside of the CBC when he was on his way in to do an interview. Always a smile on his face and hellos to people in the street.

Fare the well Jack. You were a true supporter of a better Toronto in all your years here. I only wish we could have had more time to see you as leader of the opposition in Ottawa. May those who follow you take up your spirit and drive to hold our leaders accountable.

Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.

6069167817_338c55ff3c.jpg

Despite the sorrow, it's encouraging to see how many people are affected by this. The ball is now in our court to ensure that all of the profile pictures, status updates and other reactions continue in the form of compassionate and meaningful action.

We'll try to do you proud, Jack.

Edited by Guest