Jambands.ca

rc: moe.down

afro poppa

Technaflora is my buddies hydroponics company. He sponsors moe.down.

I've only camped in venue area at new venue. Haven't even been into regular camping at the venue. Only thing I've heard is that its a bit of a walk to stage from camping area.

Stage is great, main area has a great set up. Its super small too.

Won't be making it this year.

its a crazy walk from the parking to the camping area. and the stage is setup at the bottom of a huge hill, which can make getting back up to the camping area at the end of the night.... interesting.

the new venue was good. I missed the old one though.

Overall, it was good times, but that was largely due to the folks we rolled with. The music was good, moe. played well, TVOTR was great, Ween was mediocre, but again, good times.

The new venue gets a thumbs down from me - you have to walk up hill to get into the venue and out of it. What kind of fucking masochist thinks this shit up?! I did like the two stages side by side, but that was little comfort. It seemed extra weird and pretty sketchy this year and left me wanting for the comfortable and familiar environs of Turin.

It's likely I won't go back to moe.down. It's the end of an era.

Dude- of all the sketchyness we have seen (and been a part of) over the years at moe.down, what could possibly set this apart?

The sketch factor in previous years was fairly concentrated to the borders of turwookistan, save a few random wholesalers and people lobbying for the Lampshade Sweater campaign. This year, it was an all out assault on the senses. Filth was definitely the mayor this year.

I think you nailed it fluffhead77- moedown needs segregation! lol. Its actually kind of true.

:)

It was a great time and moe. played great. They have reworked some of their newest tunes and Billy Goat, Suck a Lemon and a few other new ones are really getting good. It was definitely under attended too, so strolling to a great viewing area between the soundboard and the stage was easy for any set. The weather was actually pretty good for the most part.. until Sunday, which was total crap, and kind of brought the vibe down a bit.

Don't have much to report in the way of the other acts- I thought Ween phoned it in a bit. TVOTR was fun, or at least what I caught. Bruce Hornsby was great but made a strangely timed remark about Robbie Robertson and his songwriting affiliation with him- and kind of poked the crowd into applause- before playing a song they'd written together, right before Levon Helm's set.

Overall though, a great famoely reunion.

Security was a bit annoying the first day for sure.

I had an awesome time, music was great, crew was great!

The hills were annoying but if you take a breather a try not to up-chuck everything in your gut....it's not half bad!

Terrible french fries though, I might not go back. Where was all the malt vinegar up in that bitch?!?!