Jambands.ca

Site woes

bouche

The upgrade failed, due to a server time out error. My backups wouldn't upload, and I finally got the web host to just restore from their backup that was probably about 15 hours earlier from my backup.

Soooo....I've opened the site, hoping that it'll work fine as is for the next day or so and then I will attempt an upgrade again. This time with a faster back-out plan.

Sorry for having 50% less distraction in your day. I hope you got as much done as I did during the day.

does everything look normalish? there are some site graphics/styles that I'm going to have to edit that I forgot I had customized and new styles that I have to add to the custom skin. So if anyone notices any odd things, feel free to post them.

I've noticed a few possible problems.

Previewing a post, then hitting the edit button to make spelling corrections gives me a message that the forum is not active. This occurs also when using the arrow at the bottom of the page to return me to the forum. Here's a screen shot. (click link, then click pic for large view)

http://imageshack.us/f/153/42033683.jpg/

When I go to the control panel, I cannot access anything. Clicking the blue arrows does nothing. Here's a screenshot.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6954/77012357.jpg

When I tried to use the Image box to post the code for linking the above screenshots, this is the code that appears.

[[object HTMLTextAreaElement]][/[object HTMLTextAreaElement]]

I can however enter the %7Boption%7D code myself and have it work.

Also, don't mark as edited has changed, nothing drastic, but you need to click "reason for edit" first. Not an issue, just pointing it out. I assume that is one of the customizations you spoke of.

Edited by Guest

The green arrow works for me. A couple of other things i have noticed;

New posts are indicated in existing threads but it no longer jumps right down to the new post. Then after viewing the first new post and going back to the sanctuary page all of the new posts are no longer indicated as new.

The green arrow works for me. A couple of other things i have noticed;

New posts are indicated in existing threads but it no longer jumps right down to the new post. Then after viewing the first new post and going back to the sanctuary page all of the new posts are no longer indicated as new.

Go to My Skank>Control Panel>General Settings>Display Settings and verify that "Auto jump to new posts" is checked.

Just an update from my previous posts.

My control panel is working again, the circled arrow takes a bit of time to load to CP options though.

Shoutbox and Online Now boxes are back. But shoutbox at times takes a long time to load, overall the site as well. I'm using FF 6.0.2, Adblock disabled. Not sure if that helps.

I'm still receiving the error message that the forum is not active on occasion, most recently when switching to full reply, or editing a preview of a post. The arrow at the bottom of the page seems to work again, and return me to the forum.

can you see the little arrow beside the thread topic title? I think you need to click that.

I'm not seeing any arrow myself. I click the name of the person who posted last (most recent) in the thread and it opens on that post. That's how I've always done that, unless I'm misunderstanding what your talking about. I have the option "Auto jump to new posts" enabled.

I read your post about the FB interrogation. What sort of interrogation will there be? Just curious.

Edited by Guest

Thanks Esau. I've reported the slowness problems. I've seen "Internal Server" errors.

Dinghy...the slowness could be holding back that page from being fully loaded behind the scenes which may mean that the button doesn't have it's script to run yet. Let it load for a bit longer.

can you see the little arrow beside the thread topic title? I think you need to click that.

I'm not seeing any arrow myself. I click the name of the person who posted last (most recent) in the thread and it opens on that post. That's how I've always done that, unless I'm misunderstanding what your talking about. I have the option "Auto jump to new posts" enabled.

No little arrows for me. When I click on the most recent post on the right side it jumps down to that post, it used to do that automatically when i opened up the thread title on the left side but clicking on the thread title doesn't jump down any longer.

After doing that on the first thread i read on the site for the first time in said sitting, when i go back to the, say, sanctuary, all of the new post indicators are gone. Then when i go into Rich Stadium all of the new posts are marked until i look at the first one, then they all disappear again.

Just sayin'