Jambands.ca

Go SENS Go - Fan Forum 11/12

ollie

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Friday and I'm bored so I compiled some stats.

Since that awful ass kicking the Habs dished out, which was made extra awful because I watched it with Davey Boy and Booche in the Basement of Doom, Mr. Anderson has had a SV% of 0.948 and GAA of 1.70. Not a bad little hot streak.

whoa.jpg

He's the worst. There is zero objectivity in the whole broadcast.

You're surprised the colour guy on the Sens broadcast is a homer? Isn't that a prerequisite for the position?

Just be glad you don't have to listen to him regularly call the Ottawa team "the Panthers". (He used to do Florida games.)

He's the worst. There is zero objectivity in the whole broadcast.

Refs were garbage last night and how come the issue with Spezza's goal was whether or not he touched the puck and not whether or not the fact that he was sitting on Reimer may have caused interference?

Butthurt.PNG

Jokes aside, as someone that has regulary sat through CBC's "unbiased" commentary on their national broadcasts, I've got no problem having the local legend that's getting paid to be a homer actually be a homer in the local broadcasts, you probably shouldn't either. The Panthers thing is hilarous.

Again, no we shouldn't, he's getting paid to do exactly that, it's Sens coverage.

And yes, it's that bad in other places, at least it is in baseball.

I don't watch a lot of other local feeds in hockey, just Sens and whatever the hell CBC is offering up so I can't comment on that but have you ever listened to the local Dodgers, Phillies, NY Yankees, Cubs or Atlanta broadcast? It's as bad as the Chisox broadcasts you referred to. It's what they're expected to do.

I'm assuming you had to the turn the volume off for the CBC broadcasts of Leaf playoff games (in the ancient dark years when they actually made the playoffs) because that was supposed to be an unbiased national broadcast and they fall all over the Leafs. No big deal though.

It's almost like Hal is ignoring the fact that there was a game last night. ;)

My favourite Potvin-ism from this season was early on during one of the games where the Sens were getting pummeled. Ottawa scores a meaningless goal in the 3rd and Potvin compares it to "candy in the rain... it might be raining, but at least you've got some candy."

You're absolutely right Sloth, in reality all colour commentators are exactly the same. ::rolls eyes::

There's a fine line between adding insightful commentary and being a cheerleader. ANd yes, I've seen some of the local ballgame broadcasts and there's no way they're as bad as the ChiSox guys! Not even close!

Anyhow, it was nice to watch a game that kind of mattered between the two. Here's hoping for a playoff series we can watch on the CBC!! :cheers:

Edited by Guest