Jambands.ca

Barr Brothers tour dates

bradm

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was great.

Out of all of the things I never thought I would see in my lifetime; Brad Barr singing on live national TV would certainly have made the list.

Didn't The Slip play Conan and a couple other late night shows on the Eisenhower release?

After hearing the NPR interview, Brad's story about meeting Sarah sounded oddly familiar. I dug up an old post from feb.2007 I made after seeing Brad and Sarah in the MoonData LabProject au Montreal.

There was a harpist with a giant harp on stage last night at the LABProject in Montreal. The musician is Brad Barr's neighbour.

Brad told me that he heard the most beautiful harp coming from next door. He learned what he had heard on the guitar and the next time he saw her, he played it for her. She responded "What is that?" and he explained that it was her. She didnt'realize that it was her music that he was playing back to her on his guitar.

Seriously, is that not the coolest thing to do for someone as a musician? The guy is like a little recording device.

Brad tells that story at every single fucking Barr Brothers show.

jahdawg and I were at a Barr Brothers show where he introduced "Sarah Through The Wall" by saying how he wasn't going to tell the story, and then he went and told the whole story anyway. We resolved to add this and other items to The Barr Brothers Drinking Game.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest