Jambands.ca

Pssst...Ontario...vote much?

Hartamophone

They should hand out free cupcakes with every vote.

Like, who wouldn't vote if there was free cupcakes (with sprinkles)?

Also: Do you guys lick your ballot before handing back to the polling person? I looove the look on their faces when they find the ballot moist.

Voting is cool, and important.

You don't need the details but it included an umbrella, rollerblades and a jar of miracle whip.

20 bucks says the post activity snack involved Wonder bread, fried balogna and American cheese.

Great. Now not only am I hungry..........

Edited by Guest

Just got back myself. Once again this year, I didn't receive a voting card, nor was on the list and had to provide ID, and proof of address. Not sure why this happens, but it's happened the last three times I've voted. My mother apparently was on the list, but didn't receive her card.

Talking with the one of the girls working there I asked if they had been busy so far and she said that out of the 400 people listed from my area, only 55 had voted so far. Also, 25 more people (on top of the 55) were in the same boat as me and never received a voting card, nor were on the list.

Disappointed to hear only 400 were registered for my area, especially since I live in an area with two huge apartment building, and easily 15 townhouse complexes (10-20 units per) and the entire residential area around the 4 schools. I'm also wondering about the number of us who just flat out didn't receive a voting card, nor were on the list to vote. Something really strange about that to me.

Anyone know much about that? Why a bunch of us didn't receive a card or weren't on the list to vote but have voted in all the previous elections?

If you are part of a society that votes, then do so. There may be no candidates and no measures you want to vote for...but there are certain to be ones you want to vote against. In case of doubt, vote against. By this rule you will rarely go wrong. If this is too blind for your taste, consult some well-meaning fool (there is always one around) and ask his advice. Then vote the other way. This enables you to be a good citizen (if such is your wish) without spending the enormous amount of time on it that truly intelligent exercise of franchise requires.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, Ollie, I did. After reading your comment I went and pulled out my copies to double check, sure enough the option was checked.

Not that it's really a big deal, it's not hard to call ahead and check, so I knew to bring a piece of mail with my address, and photo ID, but I just find it really strange that this has occurred the last three elections. Speaking with some friends last night and some of them had the same thing happen, one even had an elections Canada rep or something visit her to confirm the residents of her household earlier this year, yet didn't get a card, nor was on the list.

If I actually subscribed to conspiracy theories, this would have me reeling. lol

I'm just glad it's over. No more frickin' recorded messages or knocks at the door at inconvenient times. No more attack ads on TV every fifteen minutes when I'm trying to watch a baseball game.

I even got a few recorded messages from the PC candidate in a nearby riding (not my riding) reminding me to vote for him.

As always, I voted for the party with no ads, phone calls, or flyers.

I got my card this year, but went years without receiving one, and I've always voted, so I'm not sure what that's all about either Esau. But advance polls came right to my place of work this year, which was extra splendid. Every time I walked by those polls though you could hear the crickets chirping. Anyone hear what the voter turnout was this year?

Yeah, I thought it odd that so many people didn't receive a card, or were even registered. Numerous friends claimed the same thing, especially in my area. When I left the polling station (high school gym) the line to register was probably 3x the line for registered.