Jambands.ca

Tedeschi Trucks Band Oct. 25 in Toronto

Basher

Hey Basher...might see you there. I'm leaning heavily toward going, but I called the venue today to find out if I could just show up with cash in hand, and there was just a message about how their box office is not set up for tickets, and all tickets must be purchased through Ticketmaster. I see your link also shows Ticketweb, but I just want to go if I get off work at a decent time and feel motivated. As it is, I'll be missing the beginning (which I guess is pretty standard for me anyway). What do you think? Can I pay at the door?

Hey Basher...might see you there. I'm leaning heavily toward going, but I called the venue today to find out if I could just show up with cash in hand, and there was just a message about how their box office is not set up for tickets, and all tickets must be purchased through Ticketmaster. I see your link also shows Ticketweb, but I just want to go if I get off work at a decent time and feel motivated. As it is, I'll be missing the beginning (which I guess is pretty standard for me anyway). What do you think? Can I pay at the door?

Hey MM, I recently moved from the neighbourhood where the Music Hall is. It was closed for over a year (since the Arcade Fire gig), but has been booked for sporadic small one-off shows since then. As of two weeks ago, the ticket booth/shop connected to the Hall was not in operation and didn't look to be starting up any time soon. I'd get tickets through the Bastard.

The Music Hall is under new ownership, and will be undergoing renovations after the first two shows. There was a comedy show there last week. It will reopen in December once the renovations are complete.

My brother is the GM of the venue now - I am checking with him to see if tickets will be available at the door.

Edited by Guest

The Music Hall is under new ownership, and will be undergoing renovations after the first two shows. There was a comedy show there last week. It will reopen in December once the renovations are complete.

My brother is the GM of the venue now - I am checking with him to see if tickets will be available at the door.

Awesome news! The Danforth wasn't the same with the Music Hall shuttered. Can't wait to catch a show/gig in there again soon.

Dave Ball why wont we see you at this gig?

Work, mortgage $$$$ payments on my new house and I've seen Derek and Susan perform together before. It'll be a killer show though. Warm up at Factory Girl or down the road a bit at the Auld Spot. If you are on a budget, the New York Cafe on the corner of Broadview & Danforth can't be beat (cheap pints, wine and food - pizza for one rules as does Greek food!!).

Hey POG, Factory Girl is a new restaurant, a few stores east of Allen's and the Music Hall (FG's location used to be the dismal Tex-Mex resto: Willow). FG is named after the Beggars Banquet song and the theme of the restaurant is British Invasion and old school rock/R&B. Food is fantastic (Italian), but mid-priced. Beer menu is great.

The Auld Spot is my favourite pub on the Danforth, across from the Carrot Commons (excluding The Only, which is a bit of a trek to Donlands, but worth it if you have the time). Another decent pub is The Old Nick, which is right beside the Music Hall; so is Allen's and Dora Keogh's - both are great, but the latter is mainly for drinks. If you are at Pape, the Court Jester is has an impressive menu and some good craft beers on tap.

I'd avoid the Black Swan. The main floor is fucking sketchy. You can't go wrong with any of the other choices.

Also, the two restaurants next to the New York Cafe on Broadview are fantastic: Off The Hook (fish & chips) and The Caribbean Dutchpot (roti, jerk). The former has Mill St. on tap and the Dutchpot isn't licensed, but is cheap and very very good.

Edited by Guest

I thought it was a great show. About 2.5 hours long by my count and without a set break. Instead, at about 1.5 hours, we got an extended Oteil bass solo, into double drummer solo. Around this time it actually started to feel more like an Allman Brothers show.

Susan Tedeschi is just such a killer singer. With Derek's playing and her singing, you really have quite the amazing duo. The crowd was way more appreciative and responsive than I expected. Some guy behind me was periodically yelling "Blues Power!" throughout the night.

Some songs definitely work out better, and come across better than others but the variety and blending of styles make them really engaging.

One of the better shows for me so far this year.