Jambands.ca

I'm Rob Ford, bitches!

Hartamophone

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor sport about it, if you ask me. Besides the crap with 911 and all, it's funny hearing his reasons excuses; "it was dark" - but it wasn't. It was 8:30am and daylight. "My daughter was scared" - except his daughter was no where to be seen, according to Mary Walsh on CBC the other day, the video doesn't show her either. The recent death threats are perhaps is a good reason, but come on, he knew, at the very least, they were reporters, not attackers. To me it was obvious when he got into his car, sat there for a few seconds and then politely asked her to move so he could get out and go indoors to call 911.

Regardless, I imagine this will play in his favour to some degree, garnering him some sympathy from the public who feel 22 mins went to far. Good timing too, as his popularity is already doing a nose dive.

Regardless, I imagine this will play in his favour to some degree, garnering him some sympathy from the public who feel 22 mins went to far. Good timing too, as his popularity is already doing a nose dive.

I agree with this. I'm not a Ford fan but it's hard for me not to sympathize with someone who was ambushed by a camera crew on his property. I'd get pretty rage-y myself.

Bad play on the CBC's part, especially for an organization which relies on the public trust.

If anything it's a circus on both sides.

Really? Sympathy for Ford? Ambushed? Come on.

i read his side yesterday

i saw the footage today

i am amazed at the difference and ford's expectation we would see his version

this man is not a leader

christ how many more peter mackays are we going to suffer?

Ford says it was dark out ... it was light

Ford says his daughter was "scared" ... she was nowhere to be seen

Ford demands preferential treatment from public services

Ford flips out on 911 operators over the phone

Betcha he did scream and yell and call the cops Bitches when they arrived.

Countless other politicians and celebs have been "ambushed" by Marg Delahunty over the years and NONE of them reacted like this buffoon.

The man is a joke and is not doing Toronto any favours whatsoever. The morons who all voted him in have themselves to blame.

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
He got the boot for very legit reasons. It's hard for me to fathom a high-level politician thinking it would be acceptable to participate in a vote on his own disciplinary measures.

Having said that, I feel like this will only embolden his base, and he might get elected again.

Exactly. I'm already sick and tired of the right's spin and excuses on why he was fired, like he was only supporting a children's charity or "left-wing judiciary activism" , it's only a small amount of money and he didn't benefit etc.

He willingly and knowingly disregarded all advice and warnings that he was in conflict (even 10 minutes before he voted) had numerous chances to simply pay back the money and resolve the issue quietly, but instead he thumbed his nose at the council, the courts and acted like he was above the law he swore to adhere to. Fuck, he couldn't even be bothered to read the damn handbook for the job he was elected to do, and then used ignorance as a defense in court - that alone is a slap in the face to people who voted for him, as well the rest of the city. He deserved to be booted based on that in my opinion.

He should be thankful that he wasn't subjected to a mandatory minimum that can/could apply to this type of violation. (ie: 7 year ban).