Jambands.ca

I'm Rob Ford, bitches!

Hartamophone

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford... McGuinty... Fontana here in London used $30000 of public city funds for his son's wedding, doesn't think there's anything wrong with this, voted in his own favor to not put himself out of the mayor's seat or off of council and would not recuse himself, and still vows to stay in office during the legal battle even though he's been set aside. He's gone despot and no one even seems to notice... I'm stunned and terrified for our political future with this kind of blatant disregard for legality and such self-serving absurdity. When did politicians become sovereign and above the Law? wait... nevermind

I believe that politicians have been doing this shit since the beginning of time. I also believe that they're being ousted from office because there are better "watchdogs" in place holding them far more accountable for their actions in this day and age. Social media is spreading the word quicker and to more people than ever. Our political future, if what i believe is true, is actually looking quite bright. If we can hold the most crooked and corrupt of our politicians accountable for their actions, I say we're making progress in the right directions.

...but that's just my 2 cents.

Guest Low Roller

I think if anything qualifies as a 'shitstorm' it's the revelation of calamitous behaviour of public officials in Montreal and beyond when it came to handing out construction contracts to mob-run companies. In comparison Rob Ford is a lovable buffoon, not unlike Grimus.

I don't want to get arrested for slander, but has anyone ever considered the unsavory connections between politicians and construction in Ontario? DiCicco-Best the mayor and DiCicco the construction mogul... Lastman and Bad Boy was so obvious... Fontana and Sicily... errr... I guess that's unproven.

maybe it's not as bad as it seems and you're right Schwa. I'm less concerned with political shenanigans than I am with the surveillance of society at large which seems to go hand in hand, but one begets the other so I guess we just need to make sure the surveillance goes in the 'right' directions, without any reasonable expectation of political intervention.

You think Toronto has problems? Has anybody been following the shitstorm in Montreal??

Total shitstorm, corruption right up to the senate.

[edit to add]

Also following the whole mess with MP Irwin Cotler and the lies about his stepping down, via phone calls directly related to the cpc. Adamantly defended in the House today by Van Loan as "free speech". Disgusting.

Edited by Guest

Rob Ford cleared to run in byelection for Toronto mayor

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was cleared today to run again for mayor in a byelection, should one be held ahead of the 2014 municipal election.

Lawyers for Ford, who earlier this week was ordered out of office by an Ontario judge in a conflict of interest case, asked the judge to clarify his ruling.

The clarification was released in a conference call on Friday, and clears the way for Ford to re-seek the mayor's chair if the city opts to hold a byelection.

Ford is also appealing the judge's decision in a motion expected to be heard next week.

On Monday morning, Ontario Superior Court Justice Charles T. Hackland ruled that Ford had violated the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act by speaking and participating in a council vote regarding a financial penalty he was ordered to pay after he was found to have violated council's code of conduct by soliciting donations to his football charity using city materials.

Ford was given 14 days to vacate his office.

Following Hackland's decision, the city’s solicitor issued a legal opinion, saying she believed Ford was not eligible to run ahead of 2014.

• 1 month later...