Jambands.ca

Prince opens tour at ACC November 25 &26

Harry

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jaybone's talking about night 2. Not sure how long it was but I'd guess 2.5 hours tops. They turned off all the lights after he left the stage, then flashed the purple perimeter stage lights on & off a few times over the next 10 min while the crowd cheered (thinking this meant another encore), but that was it. A guy came out and announced that after party instead.

Great show though!! Despite the lame old man behind me yelling whining and at me to sit down. :(

...the lame old man behind me yelling whining and at me to sit down. :(

My new standard is to scan the immediate area for a security guard, turn around and suggest if the person has a problem with me standing they talk to security about it, and I helpfully point out the security person to them. Unless the person is a biker, in which case I sit down.

The last after-party in Ottawa was his full band, Maceo, Larry Graham playing at Olliver's at Carleton for 4 hours straight. After the 3-hour show at the NAC. No idea about this tour but I'd expect it's the same. Anyone know for sure?

did anyone opt-in' date=' or even call for service prices?[/quote']

Just me and Ollie. And maybe a guy at my work and his two friends. No I didn't call for prices. I guess I'll probably just drive there. Too lazy to start calling around.

I checked with this guy. All he's got left is a Cadillac Escalade which can SQUEEZE in 6. It's pretty pricey but not outrageous...$362 with taxes, gratuity and parking.

It was a fun idea. Limos are cool, but a waste of money.

http://www.robinsonlimo.com/rates.aspx

Edited by Guest

FYI:

The Ottawa show has dropped the ticket prices. I just pulled a pair in section 303 @ $25 each. With charges etc. the pair came to $85.

Section 303

Row L

seats 12-13

Qty 2

price $25.50

Bullshit fees $12.35/$3.39

total $82.48

It's going to be weird hearing Prince's voice 5 seconds after he's moved his lips eh? :P