Jambands.ca

This might be it (virus)

Velvet

Malwarebytes is awesome. I have the license version (lifetime). Worth every cent in my opinion for the real time protection and malicious IP blocking. Free version is great too, though.

I would also recommend setting AVG to doing daily scans, set the scan schedule for a time your not online, like when your sleeping. I have my anti-virus (!Avast) do quick scans daily and deep scans weekly. I also run the ESET online scan once every couple weeks for a "second opinion", but will be moving to the paid version when my !Avast license expires in the new year.

Anyone else use Glary Utilities? I like it because its so simple, and it does multiple little tidy up maintenance things- registry cleaner, shortcuts fixer, startup entries, temporary files cleaner, tracks eraser and spyware remover- with one click. You'd like it Todd, although it might not be the answer to your current woes, but for future housekeeping.

Any recommendations for an antivirus for Mac OS X? I use free ClamXav right now but it seems to just be a scanner; not sure it offers any real-time protection.

I'd also like to get an answer for this. Right now I don't have any installed protection on my Mac and it makes me super nervous.

Malwarebytes is awesome. I have the license version (lifetime). Worth every cent in my opinion for the real time protection and malicious IP blocking. Free version is great too, though.

Agreed. I had no idea the pay version brought in active scanning, maybe I'll talk my boss into getting some licenses for the office, it really is a beast.