Jambands.ca

Yay! HeavyMTL dates announced

mister slippery

In for one of oshawa or hamilton, but not staying for Megadeth.

:chug:

My thoughts exactly. Saw them once at Maple Leaf Gardens with Sabotage and Dio, once was enough.

I may be in for Hamilton as I'd love to see Motorhead again (been a long time), but it'll depend on ticket price or if I can swing a deal with a family friend that works for HEFCI.

Well, Mayhem will be at the Opera House tomorrow, but 2 of 3 guys in that pic are long-dead, so methinks they'll not be in attendance.

Still, Attila makes up for Dead, and far surpasses him, and I've no problems with Blasphemer.

I will be there, and am verily looking forward to it. Wasn't feeling real good last time they were here, so left early. This time it's for real.

I hope to get there for Hate, but probably to early for me.

You going ,bONES?

Heavy MTL is scheduled for August 11-12 at Jean Drapeau, with Heavy TO the same weekend at Downsview.

Sweet, that's pretty much my birthday weekend, I need to get to this one. So long as Kiss ain't headlining!

Don't know why you guys are hatin' on Megadeth though... great band. And Mustaine is a peach live in concert. ;)

Edited by Guest

I don't get this "hatin on" crap when someone says they don't enjoy a band. I don't have the capacity to hate music. I hate things like racism, child predators/abusers and women beaters. Music on the other hand, I enjoy, or don't enjoy.

I'd much rather see Motorhead as a headliner in a different venue, but such is life, so I'll take my opportunities to see them live where I can get them. I've always been at odds with the bands they tour(ed) with.

• 2 months later...

Rockstar Mayhem Energy Drink Fest, or whatever it's called, was announced yesterday.

This has always been part of HeavyMtl, and generally has sucked.

This year, though, they have Slayer, Anthrax, and High on Fire!!!! (although all are billed after Slipknot). Still, could be back tothe days of getting the 2-day pass.

Dates for Rockstar Mayhem only listed up till Sun Aug 5, with no Canadian dates, but with HeavyMtl being the next weekend, makes sense to me.

We'll see.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
hey you kids anyone know how much a day ticket is

thinking about going out for dream theatre if the price would warrant the trip

Doesn't look like the tix are on sale for the Monebello thing yet. Keep checking the website.

I'm not going, as I'll most likely be at Phish shows that weekend. But the line-up looks good to me.

hey you kids anyone know how much a day ticket is

thinking about going out for dream theatre if the price would warrant the trip

Doesn't look like the tix are on sale for the Monebello thing yet. Keep checking the website.

I'm not going' date=' as I'll most likely be at Phish shows that weekend. But the line-up looks good to me. [/quote']

I went last year and it was a good festival.

The prices last year was something like $40 for one day or $50 for both days. (Obviously it makes more sense to go for both days).