Jambands.ca

Attawapiskat First Nation, Canadians are in a state of emergancy

Im going home Donny

Locations to Drop off items for Attawapiskat

on Nov 29 in Blog, slider by tnaadmin

Thank you to everyone who has been contacting our offices. Many have asked where they can drop items off and when they will be able to. Here is some important information for you so items get to the locations on time. We currently have 2 locations you can donate items at, an address to ship items or mail donations to and a website you can donate money directly to help in this time of need. We are able to assure you that every penny we receive goes straight into Attawapiskat.

Dropoff locations are currently:

***OTTAWA LOCATION*** drop items or donations off at this location as well as ship items or mail donations. Receiving items until December 12th, end of day. Location open Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm & Sundays 9:00am – 1:00pm.

BPEA / True North Aid

8A-2016 Ogilvie Road

Ottawa, ON K1J 7N9

***BOWMANVILLE LOCATION*** item drop off location on 2 specific dates only *** December 3rd & 10th 9:00am – noon.

Liberty Church

1965 Martin Road N

Bowmanville, ON L1C 3K4

We hope to have more locations to announce soon but advise that your best option is to contact our Ottawa office at 1(888)344-6333 or ship your items to the Ottawa location at BPEA / True North Aid.

As a reminder here are the items that are needed:

The following items are needed:

Warm clothing

Snowsuits

Boots

Electric Heaters

Non-perishable food items (flour, rice etc)

Warm Bedding

For some odd reason I can only log in once a day to jambands? So now I am a shitidiot;)

i have not been able to log OUT for some time now. weird.

and bouche if you are reading...hehe..would love it if you could get the "go to newest post" arrow working again :-*

Edited by Guest

Crazy that they are sitting on Ontario's only diamond mine.

There is so much crazy going on. I pretty much equate it to racism and greed. Not sure what else to think.

I'd realy like to know why our military aren't flying goods in and shacking up to help throughout the winter and get shit going on come the spring.

Edited by Guest

Ontario gov't seems at fault as far as the diamond mine goes.

Turns out DeBeers pays lots and lots of rent and tax for their mine but the gov't returns zero of that money back to the community. Non-native communities get a percentage of this kind of money but native communities are under some special clause where the province doesn't have to give them any of it, so they don't.

Ontario gov't seems at fault as far as the diamond mine goes.

Turns out DeBeers pays lots and lots of rent and tax for their mine but the gov't returns zero of that money back to the community. Non-native communities get a percentage of this kind of money but native communities are under some special clause where the province doesn't have to give them any of it, so they don't.

ahhh...the brown people clause.

C-towns, do you know of any groups that are flying in emergancy goods? What brings you to that area?

I would like to know how many other Northern communities are facing similar situations as temperatures get into the minus thirties?

Edited by Guest

Hey Toronto! A new donation site has been set up in your city...

Hey Toronto! A new donation site has been set up to bring goods to Attawapaskit..Toronto Dropoff location added.

on Dec 01 in Blog, slider by tnaadmin

We are glad to announce that we now have a new drop off location in Toronto right near the Toronto Pearson International Airport. We have also posted the donations we are looking for at the end of this post. Thank you for your support.

***TORONTO LOCATION***drop items or donations off at this location. Location open Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm

Catch the Fire Toronto

272 Attwell Drive

Toronto, ON M9W 6M3

And as a reminder the other 2 dropoff locations are currently:

***OTTAWA LOCATION*** drop items or donations off at this location as well as ship items or mail donations. Receiving items until December 12th, end of day. Location open Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm & Sundays 9:00am – 1:00pm.

BPEA / True North Aid

8A-2016 Ogilvie Road

Ottawa, ON K1J 7N9

***BOWMANVILLE LOCATION*** item drop off location on 2 specific dates only *** December 3rd & 10th 9:00am – noon.

Liberty Church

1965 Martin Road N

Bowmanville, ON L1C 3K4

We hope to have more locations to announce soon but advise that your best option is to contact our Ottawa office at 1(888)344-6333 or ship your items to the Ottawa location at BPEA / True North Aid.

As a reminder here are the items that are needed:

The following items are needed:

Warm clothing

Snowsuits

Boots

Electric Heaters

Non-perishable food items (flour, rice etc)

Warm Bedding

These folks.. http://truenorthaid.ca/2011-11-29/locations-to-drop-off-items-for-attawapiskat

Heres a trailer to a doc about Canadas First Nations

Edited by Guest

and if you don't have kids you likely have an extra blanket or two. I only specified the kids since it's as I tuck my kids into bed at night..that's when I think of these kids sleeping in mould infested, freezing conditions that seems to realy shatter my heart. Sorry if this constant reminding is annoying...all I can think to do is shout out here and on Facebook. Pretty close to becoming the crazy lady with a sign on Parliment hill.

-26 up here this morning, just sayin' [/quot

This morning????!!! Crap...how cold is tonight going to be then?! I am so deeply ashamed to be Canadian right now. We all should be. We should all be screaming our fucking heads off and maybe just maybe if all the white people start screaming..maybe someone will listen. Fuck!

oops..exscuse me.....pardom me...freezing babies freak me out..exscuse me..pardon me...

Edited by Guest