Jambands.ca

Sad News (DBT Content)

The D Funk

It is a sad day.

-------------------

Shonna's Statement

Hello friends,

Unfortunately, I come to you all with some sad news.

It's time for me to move on to the next great thing, whatever that may be.

I want to thank each and everyone of you, with my whole heart for your overwhelming kindness and support over the years. You are the greatest fans in the world! You really do amaze and inspire me. I can't express how much you all mean to me. Your rock solid encouragement has carried me through, many nights. I have been so lucky to have had the chance to meet and talk with so many of you. Your stories and passion are so incredibly inspirational to me.

I am, without a doubt, not done. I will have a website up and running very soon so that we can keep in touch. I have a whole lot left to say and do, and I can't wait to hear what all of you are up to. This is very difficult, so I'll leave you with this... for now...

Thank you all so much!

Safe travels and Happy Holidays to you all!

See you soon somewhere...

All my love,

Shonna

I actually prefer DBT without Jason. It was a too many cooks in the kitchen sound to me with three guitarists and three songwriters. I think he is good on his own, and clearly he did too as it seems he always held back his best stuff from the Truckers.

Has anyone heard why? With the questionable timing (NYE run to come very soon) I'm thinking it has to be hard times of some sort.

Its really too bad, because I was just starting to really dig the Shonna songs.

I think she was asked to leave. I don't know why, I just think that's what went down. Maybe she's got a drug problem, maybe she slept with one of the married members of the band.

I always loved her songs on the albums but when she played them live they didn't sound so great and I usually just went of for a cigarette during them. I'll miss her smile at the rock shows for sure.

I guess I'm going be "that guy" here, but this is my honest opinion. Her leaving doesn't really matter to me. I love D.B.T (saviors of rock & roll, in my opinion), but I've never really enjoyed her songs/singing etc and was never really impressed with her playing either, she never seemed to stand out with the band to me in any way, aside from being the only female.

However, I hope what ever she ends up doing, does well. Good luck to her.

bring jason back!! hehe

Someone asked Isbell if he was going to go back to DBT now and he responded "No' date=' I'm a terrible bass player". [/quote']

I laughed when I saw that one twitter.

I'd love to see him playing with D.B.T again though. Even though I've grown used to him not being there I will admit that my favourite shows have always been with him in the line up, he just added a great dynamic to D.B.T that I really enjoyed and one I've missed since he left. Wishful thinking, but I doubt we'll see it.

BTW - if you have twitter and enjoy following very active (funny/interesting/normal) people, Jason is a good one to to follow.