Jambands.ca

Mark Tonin's CD release event Sat. Feb. 4

mark tonin

I've been chipping away at this music project for the past nine months and am excited that the record is almost done ... looking forward to the celebration!

Mark Tonin's Music Vortex (cd release)

King Roller

Diesel Dog

Sat. Feb. 4, 2012

Edelweiss Banquet Hall, Kitchener

$15 (includes cd)

19+

doors open at 8 pm / show starts at 9 pm

tickets available soon

I will be posting lots more info about the music and the event over the next few months, but wanted to get the basic show info out to people now.

Peace, Mark

• 4 weeks later...

A message to my friends:

All the best to you as we head into the new year!

As many of you know, 2011 found me in the studio doing some recording and the project is now done. The new release is called Vortex of Happiness and it is a collection of 9 songs about relationships, human nature and embracing life. The record includes contributions by a number of talented musicians, including guitar and slide virtuoso Dan Walsh, who also engineered and mixed the record. Other musicians on the record are Colin Read (drums), Brady Kennedy (vocals), Ricky Neu (Diesel Dog, congas), Ryan Morrison (Diesel Dog, keys), Todd Gillies (Fat Cats, guitar), Chris Dietrich (King Roller, keys) and Ryan Cassidy (sax). The songs will be available online in the near future and on CD. As well, over the next few months I will also be sharing 3 additional songs with friends that I recorded but decided not to include on the official release.

I’ve got a CD release show on Saturday Feb. 4 here in Kitchener at the Edelweiss Banquet Hall with two excellent bands … Diesel Dog and King Roller. Yes I’m excited to be playing my songs at this show, but I’m also excited at the thought of moving and grooving with a bunch of friends while these two other bands play. It’s going to be a fun night!

Tickets are now available for the CD release show. I’ve got tickets and will have them with me over the next month. If it’s convenient for us to connect in person in the next month, let me know and I will set aside tickets for you. Tickets are also available at the Edelweiss Tavern (they have them at the bar), and online by following the link on this page: http://www.mtmv.net/cd-release-tickets.html'>http://www.mtmv.net/cd-release-tickets.html

I’ve also been working on a new website http://www.mtmv.net that I will be using to share news, photos, songs, videos, links, etc. It is a work-in-progress but feel free to check it out as it currently sits.

Thanks to you all for the support you’ve given me over the years. It is very much appreciated!

Peace, Mark

I thought about releasing it on cassette but couldn't find a good deal on pencils. :D Still not sure if I've made the right decision pressing discs, but at least they can double as coasters or mini-frisbies!

Save the placenta ... it took me a minute when I first read that!

Thanks for the feedback on the domain name. I hope to eventually use the site as a music site to put up lots of music-related stuff (not just my music), so I thought the name works well for that.

KK, good luck finding something so that you can quit your night job at some point.

Blair, thanks for lending your voice to one of the "bootleg" tracks. And for your input in many other ways.

Back to school ...

Peace, Mark

Booche is a wise old man known for giving good advice:

This seems like one of those 'cant-miss' events. Everyone who is available should make it out and buy a cd

The new record is now available online!

CD Baby - Mark Tonin - Vortex of Happiness

ITunes Preview - Mark Tonin - Vortex of Happiness

I should have discs by the weekend and certainly for the Feb. 4 show, which is going to be A FREAKIN' AWESOME CAN'T MISS EVENT!

Peace, Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Gearing up and getting stoked for this show!!! Really hoping for a good turnout and a good night all-around so that we can do it again in the future. It's a cool venue and it should be quite the party, especially if we fill the place up. Tickets are starting to move but it looks like there will be tickets available at the door. Having said that, if you are coming from out of town and plan on arriving late, let me know so that I can make sure that tickets are held for you at the door.

For anybody coming from out of town looking for a place to eat, the venue itself serves good food. You can check out the menu from their web site:

Edelweiss Tavern & Banquet Hall

Here's the timing for the event:

doors at 8 pm

King Roller at 9 pm

Mark Tonin's Music Vortex at 10:30 pm

Diesel Dog at midnight

As well, here are links to a couple of videos about my new record:

Mark Tonin's Music Vortex video one

Mark Tonin's Music Vortex video two

For the show, I feel fortunate to have the following musicians joining me on stage:

Dan Walsh - guitars

Ryan Morrison - keys

Colin Read - drums

Ricky Neu - percussion

Kim Regimbal - sax

Brady Kennedy - vocals

And I feel fortunate to be sharing the stage with two cool bands, King Roller and Diesel Dog!!!

Not only am I stoked to be playing, but I'm stoked at the thought of movin' and groovin' on the dance floor with a bunch of friends!

Peace, Mark

So much fun. Great turnout. That was a big room to fill and I thought it was a perfect density for dancing, mingling, sight lines, etc. Had never seen King Roller before. They were great! Will definitely keep my ear to the ground for them again. Mark your band sounded tight, so fun to see your sentiments come to life! And Diesel Dog? What can I say. I love you guys!! Thanks y'all. A wonderful ride once again.