Jambands.ca

Phish 12.28.11

jaybone

Is anyone streaming? I've been watching hockey but thought I would check in on intermission.

Does anyone have a stream of a stream?

Phish

Madison Square Garden

New York City, New York

December 28, 2011 - 7:30 pm

Soundcheck (incomplete): Unidentified Country Song, My Soul, Taste, Jam > Mound

Set One: 8:08 pm - 9:28 pm

Free

Glide

Possum

Cities

The Ballad Of Curtis Loew

Stash

Contact

Sample In A Jar

Kill Devil Falls

Bathtub Gin

Set Two:

Great show! Hot right out of the gates....first set was not the first nite openers I expected! Lots of energy - MSG can get rockin' alright! What a fantastic venue....very relaxed.

2nd set was all about cranking out the jams in the tunes- The VU RnR was great, dissipating out into places I didn't think that song could reach...

And the Tweez reprise was explosive - Mike's got a new toy on the floor, a Moog Taurus pedal (2 octaves of bass on foot pedals - a new model of the one Geddy Lee plays) and he was dropping the analog bass synth booms throughout the end of the reprise.....he hit it once in the first set and I knew that's what it was....there is also a piano bench right there beside him i've never seen before....i'm hoping he's gonna sit down and give us the full-appendage bass assault at some point!

Kimock afterwards was stellar!! Great bar, great crowd...I think I have a new favourite Bass Player - Bobby Vegas looks like Cheech but lays down the funk like nobodies business. Wow. Ended with Red Hot Mama, one of my favourite Funkadelic songs - SOLD!

Great show! Hot right out of the gates....first set was not the first nite openers I expected! Lots of energy - MSG can get rockin' alright! What a fantastic venue....very relaxed.

2nd set was all about cranking out the jams in the tunes- The VU RnR was great, dissipating out into places I didn't think that song could reach...

And the Tweez reprise was explosive - Mike's got a new toy on the floor, a Moog Taurus pedal (2 octaves of bass on foot pedals - a new model of the one Geddy Lee plays) and he was dropping the analog bass synth booms throughout the end of the reprise.....he hit it once in the first set and I knew that's what it was....there is also a piano bench right there beside him i've never seen before....i'm hoping he's gonna sit down and give us the full-appendage bass assault at some point!

Kimock afterwards was stellar!! Great bar, great crowd...I think I have a new favourite Bass Player - Bobby Vegas looks like Cheech but lays down the funk like nobodies business. Wow. Ended with Red Hot Mama, one of my favourite Funkadelic songs - SOLD!

What, no late night rub and tug? I'm disappointed in you.