Jambands.ca

Games of Thrones

Jay Funk Dawg

Crazy killer episode... Tyrion is just the man, love all the scenes he's in.

The fact that it was the Kings Knights that attacked Tyrion really was shocking... with out his courage they would have lost their entire army.

I didn't really understand what set the Hound off, was it the fire?

How many episodes left? I hope at least 2 more!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy killer episode... Tyrion is just the man, love all the scenes he's in.

The fact that it was the Kings Knights that attacked Tyrion really was shocking... with out his courage they would have lost their entire army.

I didn't really understand what set the Hound off, was it the fire?

How many episodes left? I hope at least 2 more!

Tyrion suspects that the Kingsguard that tries to kill him was under orders from Cersei.

The Hound's brother (The Mountain, Gregor Clegane) got mad over a toy when they were young, and held his face to the fire. That's partially why he hates knights, and completely why he hates fire.

One more episode left!

I am starting to completely hate Cersei, not as a villain but because she is a complete load. Sansa is 13 and is already a far better queen than her. Cersei has been worthless as a leader, and her reaction to a crisis situation is to get drunk and make everyone around her as miserable as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Martin Talks 'Game Of Thrones,' 'The Winds Of Winter'

I'm working on that, and a number of 'Ice and Fire' related things at the same time. Not only 'The Winds of Winter,' which is Book 6, but we're also coming out with a big concordance called 'The World of Ice and Fire,' which is about the whole history of Westeros and will be lavishly illustrated. … We've also been doing a map book, and I'm working on a new novella about Dunk and Egg, the prequel series I have.

I am aware of the TV series moving along behind me like a giant locomotive, and I know I need to lay the track more quickly, perhaps, because the locomotive is soon going to be bearing down on me. The last thing I want is for the TV series to catch up with me. I've got a considerable head start, but production is moving faster than I can write. I'm hoping that we'll finish the story at about the same time ... we'll see.

Sometimes I make the decisions wrongly. My process as a writer is not one of thoroughly outlining ahead of time, which can result in my muse leading me down blind alleys and dead ends. So then I have to double back and rewrite and so forth. It's almost a subconscious thing -- when it's right, it feels right, and when it doesn't feel right, I keep niggling at it until it does.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 months later...

Just finished watching season 2 and I personally recommend reading the books first based on my experience thus far. I am convinced its making the television series so much more enjoyable albeit at the risk of some of the liberties folks have alluded to. However its nothing that one cant get past.

I think the Hound may have been affected by the fact that Bron made him feel mortal when he saved him from certain death.

As suggested, I am sure this was because of PTSD involving being burned as a child. The way he froze and seemingly stared past his attacker into the fire as said attacker approached......well, one wouldnt really catch that if you havent read the books.

Time to get on book 3. I cant wait to delve into it! Luckily I fell into this pattern of book > season. Gotta keep that going.

I'm a little confused about how the Iron Islanders managed to burn Winterfell while a small army waited outside, and then when they did finally disappear, why the Northmen didn't reclaim the place. Why did the kids have to take off if Rob's forces (Stark/North) were outside the gates?

Otherwise, I'm hooked. When is the new season (3) due?

Love the entire 2nd season. It exceeds the first season and left me wanting more. I can't wait for Season III. Another Golden Globe for Peter Dinklage.

I believe that after such great representation of the book in the first season that the 2nd season fell well short of the mark.