Jambands.ca

Outdoor Classic in Hamilton

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Is anybody else headed to the events at the Outdoor Classic in Hamilton? Honestly I am more excited by the alumni game on Friday night, but if there are enough people at Ivor Wynne on Saturday it could be a real fun atmosphere.

Guest Low Roller

That's what bugs me about Hamilton. The catch-22 of people always looking outside of Hamilton for things to do, hence nothing happens in Hamilton, hence people always looking outside of Hamilton for things to do.

Guest Low Roller
I always look for things to do in Hamilton but there is never much going on.

I went to the Casbah to see Cuff the Duke in November which was pretty cool. That was my first time at the venue. Other than that I work an awful lot and spend my evenings relaxing and watching Netflix.

oh and if anyone here does go check it out, you should try out the new grass-fed burger joint at spadina and king, Randys hamburgs, they make all their own condiments, its set up like shit but the foods p[retty good. there will probably be a nice 30 minute wait today though

Guest Low Roller

What a GREAT event!

The weather was spectacular for both games and a game crowd ready to cheer on both sides. There were probably more Leafs fans than Habs fans, but both sides got their cheers in.

George Laraque scored a beauty in the Alumni game, and Guy Carbonneau still looked very fresh on the ice. Doug Gilmour played the entire game with a hockey sock on his head.

Too bad the Bulldogs got absolutely smeared by the Marlies. Leafs fans should be encouraged that the Marlies have a bunch of players who look close to stepping up to the NHL. Habs fans will only receive salvation in the form of a trade, because besides Louis Leblanc, not a single Bulldog looked like they even should be playing at the AHL level.

Well done to the city of Hamilton for putting this event together. Over 20,000 in attendance.