Jambands.ca

Red Hot Chili Peppers Canadian dates

bradm

Tickets on sale Friday, January 27, 2012 @ 10AM

Tickets available at the Scotiabank Place Box Office, The Sens Store at Place d’Orléans and Carlingwood;

any Ottawa Sports Experts location, Les Galeries de Hull.

Charge by phone at 613-599-FANS (3267) or 1-877-788-FANS (3267)

Order online at www.livenation.com or www.capitaltickets.ca

Tickets (incl. HST) $39.50 & $59.50; Reserved Seating

(plus FMF and service charges)

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

With Special guests…

SLEIGH BELLS

FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012

AIR CANADA CENTRE - TORONTO

Doors: 7:00PM

Tickets on sale Friday, January 27, 2012 @ 10AM

Show: 8:00PM

Tickets available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Air Canada Centre Box Office (No First Day Sales).

Charge by phone at 1-855-985-5000

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

With Special guests…

SLEIGH BELLS

Tickets available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Air Canada Centre Box Office (No First Day Sales).

Charge by phone at 1-855-985-5000

I was just gonna post all that but you beat me to it.

Nice prices indeed by today's standards. I'll be there if I get good tickets! Disappointed by reserved seating on the floor though.

Too bad John Frusciante left the band before the recording of their latest album. He's a fucking brilliant guitarist.

How much did he really add to Stadium Arcadium though? I feel like the RHCP are at the point in their career where they just release the same-ish album every 3 or 4 years as an excuse to go on tour. They haven't really recorded anything all that relevant since Blood Sugar Sex Magik, which I always found overrated in the first place.

I guess what I'm saying is that for a band of supposed great musicians they don't show it that much. I would love for them to get jammier and creative with the setlists.

Too bad John Frusciante left the band before the recording of their latest album. He's a fucking brilliant guitarist.

How much did he really add to Stadium Arcadium though? I feel like the RHCP are at the point in their career where they just release the same-ish album every 3 or 4 years as an excuse to go on tour. They haven't really recorded anything all that relevant since Blood Sugar Sex Magik' date=' which I always found overrated in the first place.

I guess what I'm saying is that for a band of supposed great musicians they don't show it that much. I would love for them to get jammier and creative with the setlists.

[/quote']

I think he was hampered by Anthony's gentrified song structure. When he was given any chance to shine, he usually delivered. John has perfect taste even when the songs aren't up to snuff. I'd like RHCP to be a hard funk trio sans Anthony.

Kiedis is the most tone-deaf and lyrically stupid singer of a huge band. At least Bono can hit the notes. Lately the RHCP have sounded more like 90s video game soundtrack music than actual songwriters and players. So over-rated. (Used to be a fan up until One Hot Minute. Some good tracks on that must overall a bad album and the beginning of my change in opinion).

Frusciante is badass.

And Sleigh Bells are awful.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone else go to the Ottawa or Toronto shows? I didn't think last night was anything spectacular, a serviceable show for sure but that's about it. The setlist was pretty uninspired and Kiedis looked to be mailing it in.

Sleigh Bells were incredible. I am biased though as they are one of my favourite bands at the moment. Friends we were with were less impressed.

There would be long boring instrumentals interrupted by absolutely some of the funkiest, jump-out-of-your-skin best live rock four guys have ever made.
...jazzy jam between Flea and Klinghoffer that resembled tantric sex.