Jambands.ca

The Super Awesome Annual Superbowl meal thread, 2012 edition

Davey Boy 2.0

The food at the party turned out to be lacking. The only home-made items were the wings I brought and the chili prepared by the host.

I found the chili to be a timid offering lacking any spiciness.

My wings were a big hit.

Other offerings were chips and dip, cheese, crackers, pepperoni, and store-bought wings.

Bacon was a complete stranger to the festivities. Not even invited!

The host redeemed himself by bringing out a huge black forest cake in the 4th quarter. Store-bought of course, but it was damn good!

I've been verging on ill all day from over eating.

Samosas to start

Scotch eggs

9 Layer dip next (there's a debate on the actual number of layers, Fluff will have to come in here and defend the layers, either way it was delicious)

Short rib, pork and hot sausage chipotle chili

Ribs (KC dry rub)

Hot dogs (the only course I passed on)

Wings (Thai and Greek style)

Chips were available throughout.

Turned out great, nice balance between heat and flavour. Made a pretty decent jalapeno cheese sweet corn bread with it. All the food was great. Nothing got finished because there was a disgusting excess of everything. Actually, I have some vague drunken blur of forcing down the last of the wings.

our hostess made an amazing chili, with spices brought fresh from india. it was sooo good. there was also an insane amount of food...nachos, wings, cheeses, asian snacks, cookies, chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon, chocolate cake, roast beef sammys, various dips, chips...