Jambands.ca

RIP Whitney

phishtaper

no, nothing at all negative about what you said, NW.

it's funny. in a very small way, her death reminds me of another musician ... a very different one indeed ... who when he died a lot of people who didn't particularly care for his music or the genre it inspired also ignorantly said no surprise, who cares. ... not to compare, just sayin' ...

Death is a sad thing, but why is it more sad when its a celebrity?

Answer: Its not.

Not trying to be a dick and I don't want to get into a whole thing about it (prolly too late), but shit, if you care about Whitney Houston you must absolutely abhor the Obituary page in the paper.

Edited by Guest

I don't really care too much, but growing up in the 80's and 90's you can't help but to have been touched by her music. Like pop music or not, she had a voice that was pretty amazing. You don't have to love it, but there is no denying that "I Will Always Love You" is one of the better vocal performances of our generation. People feel connected to her because she has been a part of our culture.

Watching how far she has fallen in the past 10 or 15 years has been nothing short of remarkable.

Death is a sad thing, but why is it more sad when its a celebrity?

Answer: Its not.

Not trying to be a dick and I don't want to get into a whole thing about it (prolly too late), but shit, if you care about Whitney Houston you must absolutely abhor the Obituary page in the paper.

Well maybe, but I think many people speaking out about Whitney Houston's death are reacting because it's the loss of someone who put out a product that effected them emotionally. That's not something you see every day in the obits.

Death is a sad thing' date=' but why is it more sad when its a celebrity?

Answer: Its not.[/quote']

Who said it was?

He also said he's not trying to be a dick so he can say whatever he wants after that. Carte Blanche. It doesn't have to be right, kind or even make any sense.

Its a sad thing when it happens to anyone

It's sad for those who loved that person. We all die. Here's hoping there was at least a moment of calm and quiet just up to the end.

Oh for pete's sake. Sorry, I edger personally find it sad when it happens to anyone. Obviously not as much if that person was a key part of my life. Yes, we do all die. I guess a part of me can relate to the sadness of self-destruction and self-loathing. That is not how it ends for everyone. I find that particularly sad when that does occur. Others don't. And that's all fine and dandy. I agree with your last sentiment.

Well maybe, but I think many people speaking out about Whitney Houston's death are reacting because it's the loss of someone who put out a product that effected them emotionally. That's not something you see every day in the obits.

Hear hear. Affected emotionally, to the point where people feel like they actually know the stars they idolize. Like that time c-towns camped out on John Lennon's lawn.