Jambands.ca

Ottawa Jazz Fest

Velvet

I don't think it's really meant to be announced yet (remember last year they accidentally put the Robert Plant info on their website early?), but there will be three nights of Dave Holland, in addition to the two shows already announced (Esperanza Spalding Radio Music Society June 27 and Chris Botti and the National Arts Centre Orchestra June 29).

http://ottawajazzfestival.com/index.php/artists/

Much of the Montreal Jazzfest has been announced, which generally gives a good hint towards the Ottawa lineup.

nice so far, i read an article that said their was a lot of comment about having rock acts last year so they are going to try and get back to their jazz roots. Was talking to the jazzfest guys alot this year. And told them to book marco and garage a trois. They said forsure they loved them. Spoke to marco's manager via email recently and they said offer was put on the table then taken back saying they didn't want them anymore. What the f#%k jazzfest. I still love you. But what the f#$k !! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Any chance we'll know Jazz Fest lineup by Friday? Patrick Watson just announced to play the Montral one and I'm wondering if that may also indicate a Jazz or Bluesfest appearance? Therefore I'd hold off on tickets or not...hmm

Barr Brothers were also announced for the Montreal Jazz Fest today:

The Barr Brothers

Sunday July 1, 2012 at 8:30 p.m.

Métropolis

I swear I also saw another date in a different room but can't find any info to confirm that.

http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/artists/artist.aspx?id=7748

Although they would clearly be much more suitable for the Folk Fest.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Martin - an Evening of Bluegrass and Banjo

Public Event · By Ottawa Jazz Festival

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

7:00pm until 10:30pm

Steve Martin, is one of the most diversified performers in the entertainment industry today equally at home on stage with his backing band the Steep Canyon Rangers as on the film set of some of the most popular movies of recent film history.

Martin released his second full length GRAMMY-nominated bluegrass album Rare Bird Alert on Rounder Records in 2011 following up his GRAMMY-award winning 2009 release The Crow. He will be joined by the Steep Canyon Rangers, who toured extensively with Martin over the last year. Rare Bird Alert features 13 new Martin-penned tracks, including a live version of “King Tut,†and was produced by Tony Trishka. Paul McCartney and The Dixie Chicks make special guest vocal appearances on the album.

• 2 months later...

I'm really looking forward to Robert Cray Band (June 21); I've been a fan of his for years, and he puts on a great show. The Barr Brothers (also June 21) will be amazing, too.

Brian Blade's Fellowship Band (June 22), Slim Moore (June 23), Ziggy Marley (June 26), Steve Martin And The Steep Canyon Rangers (June 26), Bill Frisell Plays John Lennon (June 27), By The Way (featuring Wayne Eagles, June 28 at lunch), Jack DeJohnette (June 28), Mingus Big Band (June 28), and Daryl Hall (June 30) also loom large in what I'm looking forward to seeing.

Aloha,

Brad