Jambands.ca

Whose got my heady Bluesfest rumours?

Hartamophone

Yes. Bring on the Junkies!

The Foo Fighters have a nice break in their schedule during the month of July. I could go for some of their monkey wrenching.

They've added "Young Man Blues" to their song list. That would be worth the price of admission alone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LMFAO July 4 http://www.pureconcerts.com/concert/lmfao-120463268106/ottawa-bluesfest-3239169

More of the same rumours:

http://www.consequenceofsound.net/fests/view/793/ottawa-bluesfest

From a google search description:

"The Maiden England World Tour 2012 on 23 Jun 2012: Location: Lakewood ... Ottawa Bluesfest on 4 Jul 2012: Location: LeBreton Flats; Iron Maiden + Alice ..."

Here's an interesting quote about Bluesfest.

“I think you’re going to see a fair amount of electronic music this year because that’s big in the whole industry,” hints Monahan, “and I think we’re going to follow that trend.”

If you read any of Lefsetz material on Coachella or follow current trends this is not that surprising. Adapt and adopt or get out of the way.

I recently went to a hockey game a few hours away with a friend and his family including his 11 year old nephew. He was listening to Skillex and Deadmau5 the whole time, the same way I was pumping GnR and Nirvana through my Sony Sport Walkman at his age.

Plus I certainly haven`t seen any electronic contracts or riders; I assume they must be cheaper than bands on most fronts (fuel, flights, hotels etc)?

Edited by Guest

Alice Cooper and Maiden confirmed. That's all I am really excited about right now. There was a guy at the Sens game last night with a Maiden shirt sitting near us; he drank and ate alot!

This year's theme is Electrofied with the Hard Rock tent renamed to Electro stage.

Yeah, we need that fresh thread now for Bluesfest.