Jambands.ca

Radiohead Dates 2012

AD

these are always stressful ticket sale events. server capacities are never properly covered. the worst is most definitely having tickets in a basket and losing the game anyway.

In this case, tickets get put in the Waste basket, so what do you expect? ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Web-bots werent the only thing everyone was battling today.

I couldnt get through at work, pretty sure they have blocked us from trying to buy tickets since the exact same thing has happened the past few times I have tried, but WASTE did us wonders when we got tickets to both shows during Radiohead's tiny theater tour in 06ish.

But my question is do people honestly expect to get tickets to any concert/sporting event they want anytime they go onsale?

I managed to get two for Downsview. It did seem like a bit of a clusterfuck though. My screen "froze" several times and the whole process took about 15 minutes (to go through like 3 screens).

Also tickets seem to pop up every once and a while so you may want to check back throughout the day. I know some people who got tix about 30 minutes after they went onsale (and had been "sold out").

Well I fucked that up again. Didn't read the part about throwing tickets back more than twice. Dammit. Will have to try again tomorrow, unless anyone has 2 extra floor tix for Montreal.

The 'waiting room' system was pretty good, I thought.

It must be truly random too, as I had three browsers open (IE, FF, Chrome) and the one I fired up last was actually the one that got me in first.

I missed those rules too and got booted from one order screen, but was throwing back shitty seats and ended up with some that were much better.

Edited by Guest

AD listed it right off the bat, but I'd like to underscore the fact that Dundas Ontario native Dan Snaith, aka Caribou, is opening for many of these shows.

Who says math phd geeks aren't welcome at Radiohead shows? Oh no, wait, nobody has ever said that.

Anyway, congrats Dan.

I know I would have paid as much for them if there was no opener, but knowing its Caribou makes giving that large money all the more easier. Very very excited to see them open. I missed them each time they came to town on the Swim tours and before that.

Guest Low Roller

Shut out.

This was by far the worst experience trying to buy tickets for Radiohead, coinciding with my 10th attempt at a Radiohead show.

1997- Ottawa

2001- Pinkpop, Landgraaf Holland

2001- Montreal

2003- Montreal

2003- Toronto

2006- London

2008- V Festival, Birmingham <- had ticket but missed it due to transportation logistics

2008- London

2008- Montreal <- had ticket but missed it due to flying back to North American same day

2011- Montreal <- will be there dammit.