Jambands.ca

Neil Young and Crazy Horse 'Americana' June 5th

Esau.

http://www.relix.com/news/2012/03/20/neil-young-new-album-americana

Neil Young and Crazy Horse will release their first album in nine years, titled Americana, on June 5 via Reprise Records. The album features the group’s original lineup consisting of Young, Billy Talbot, Ralph Molina and Poncho Sampedro for the first time since 1996’s Broken Arrow. Americana is produced by Young and John Hanlon along with Mark Humphreys, and engineered by John Hanlon with John Hausmann and Jeff Pinn. It was recorded at Audio Casa Blanca by John Hanlon.

Included in the tracklisting (which can be viewed below) are a collection of classic, American folk numbers including songs from the 1800s like “Tom Dooley†and “Oh Susannah,†in addition to mid-20th-century folk classics like “This Land Is Your Land†and “Get A Job.†According to the release:

What ties these songs together is the fact that while they may represent an America that may no longer exist, the emotions and scenarios behind these songs still resonate with what’s going on in the country today with equal, if not greater impact nearly 200 years later. The lyrics reflect the same concerns and are still remarkably meaningful to a society going through economic and cultural upheaval, especially during an election year. They are just as poignant and powerful today as the day they were written.

Young has penned historical details about each of the songs on Americana, which you can read here See below for the full tracklisting.

Americana Tracklisting

Oh Susannah

Clementine

Tom Dooley

Gallows Pole

Get A Job

Travel On

High Flyin’ Bird

She’ll Be Comin ‘Round The Mountain

This Land Is Your Land

Wayfarin’ Stranger

God Save The Queen

PDF booklet

Included in the tracklisting (which can be viewed below) are a collection of classic, American folk numbers including songs from the 1800s like “Tom Dooley†and “Oh Susannah,†in addition to mid-20th-century folk classics like “This Land Is Your Land†and “Get A Job.â€

The Offspring song?

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

I would like to be excited about this, but I have been stung before by excitement for Young's recent albums like Le Noise and Fork in the Road.

At this point it's archives or bust.

The Offspring song?

Richard Lewis of the Silhouettes

[edit to add]

Get A Job

A song about a man who has not been able to find work,

and is assumed lazy and a liar by his woman, “Get a Jobâ€

is included in Americana because it is a genuine folk

song with all of the true characteristics. This song was

written by Richard Lewis of the Silhouettes, although

credit is shared with the whole group because they did

the vocal arrangement. The hit recording performed by

“The Silhouettes†was released in 1957. The Americana

version follows the original arrangement.

Edited by Guest

I would like to be excited about this, but I have been stung before by excitement for Young's recent albums like Le Noise and Fork in the Road.

At this point it's archives or bust.

I have faith. These songs are already tried, tested and true. I can't see Neil not doing justice to them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...