Jambands.ca

Deer Tick and guests at Mavericks Jun 12, 2012 tickets on sale at 10 am

RobL

• 2 months later...

So this show was a big pile of shit last night, btw.

The band came out on fire. The rest of the crowd clearly knew their material much better than me, and there were a couple of huge tunes early on. But things unraveled very quickly. The lead dude was all fucked up (and got progressively more fucked up), couldn't get his amp working, switched amps, then couldn't get his guitar working, switched guitars, lost his voice, told the other guys in the band to sing a few numbers, and called it a show.

Set was about 65 minutes, a good portion of which was spent fussing with gear.

Ottawa show was great, some sound problems and John McCauley was definitely drunk as shit but it all worked out.

Nice to see them going from playing to 20 people at Bluesfest that mostly didn't give a shit to a sold out Mavericks on a Tuesday where everyone there knew every single word.

So this show was a big pile of shit last night, btw.

The band came out on fire. The rest of the crowd clearly knew their material much better than me, and there were a couple of huge tunes early on. But things unraveled very quickly. The lead dude was all fucked up (and got progressively more fucked up), couldn't get his amp working, switched amps, then couldn't get his guitar working, switched guitars, lost his voice, told the other guys in the band to sing a few numbers, and called it a show.

Set was about 65 minutes, a good portion of which was spent fussing with gear.

Yep, major disappointment. I think the contributing factor was that it was his birthday, but man it was a sad sight to see. caught them two years ago in the UK and they were awesome.