Jambands.ca

Velvet vs Phorbesie

Velvet

Who will win in the ultimate cage match between Velvet and Phorbesie?

The two of us have registered to climb the steps of the CN Tower on April 21st to raise money for WWF, but the true reason behind our registration is the challenge to see which one of us will make it up the 1776 steps first.

While I have experince on my side having climbed the tower steps before (in 2007, my time was 25:56), I also have about 120 extra pounds on my side as well.

My legs are strong but Phorbesie's health is overall better. She has grit, I have stamina. I have a weak heart and she's got the good looks.

Heavily in my favour is a lack of scruples that could very well lead to body-checking on the stairway.

Who will make it to the top first?

Vote with greenery. If you think I'll make it up the steps first, show your support by showing your support. If you think Phorbesie has me beat, drop some dimes on her pledge page.

Vote Velvet:

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1386656&langPref=en-CA

Vote Phorbesie:

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=3289973&langPref=en-CA

Edited by Guest

While I should be busy "Suckiing It" I've instead been using my time to ride my bike, eat lots and lots of salad (I haven't had a cheeseburger in over a week), and take any stairs I see two at a time.

I've lost more than five pounds and my legs are starting to feel ready. I've got my eye on the prize; 144 flights to the top of the world's tallest tower. 1,776 steps, or 888 two at a time.

I'm confident I will beat my previous time of 25:56 and I'll be bringing a pocket arsenal of thumbtacks, fake vomit, and oil slicks to keep Heather at bay and ensure my victory lap at the top.

Heather and I are both very happy with all the donations our friends and family have made, thanks to y'all very much.

If we make it alright on Saturday we'll post the results here.

Hey Velvet, just offer Phorbsie a variety of shooters an hour before the event, that'll distract her!

On second thought...she might win if she's hammered.....

She got plenty of extra exercise on the way home from your place last weekend, what with all the weaving.

Hey Velvet' date=' just offer Phorbsie a variety of shooters an hour before the event, that'll distract her!

On second thought...she might win if she's hammered.....[/quote']

She got plenty of extra exercise on the way home from your place last weekend, what with all the weaving.

I'll bet! She's the best landsurfer I've ever seen.

Having to answer the "pick one" question feels much like I imagine it feels like when folks on Celebrity Apprentice are asked by Donald Trump to bring someone back to the boardroom, when they really can't pick anyone.

If I don't pick someone...what happens?